Recommendations for doggie daycare?

Lost pets, shelter news, pets for adoption, pet care.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Catherine Butler

Steven Greenwell

Recommendations for doggie daycare?

Postby Steven Greenwell » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:36 pm

My partner and I got a dog from a shelter just a couple months ago. He is a year and a half mixed miniature pinscher/daschund --- we have really enjoyed getting to know him.

We both work so when the first one is back at the end of the day Fritz is so excited to have someone home.

We belong to a movie group that meets the first and third Mondays of each month at the Cedar Lee. To get to the movies on time we basically get home and then head right back out to drive to the east side. We don't like the idea of leaving Fritz all day and then all evening. So we want to find a doggie daycare to leave him on Mondays so he will have some socialization and exercise while we are at work.

We stopped at Pawsitive Influence on a Sunday but there were no hours posted and the phone is disconnected. We called Barney's Place but they are closed Mondays. I know there is a place in Tremont but there was a story in the PD last month about a dog there getting out and being lost.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any input that can be offered.

Ed Dickson

Postby Ed Dickson » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Try Inn The Doghouse.

Phone number:216-651-0873 (I think)

They are on Berea Rd where it ends at Detroit.

Mike Deneen

Postby Mike Deneen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Yes, Inn the Doghouse is excellent. My dogs are regular customers.

Not only are the owners excellent dog people, but they are very supportive of Lakewood's dog park and animal shelter.

Here is an article I did about Whitney a couple years ago:

http://igutenberg.com/read/special-sect ... nto-profit

Steven Greenwell

Postby Steven Greenwell » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks Mike for the referral. We checked it out on Friday and took Fritz for a trial run today (Monday). He came home one pooped pup! Which I believe was the result of a very busy day of play.

I appreciate this function of the deck -- being able to ask some questions and learn from others experience.

Mike Deneen

Postby Mike Deneen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Doggies get a good night's sleep after a trip to ITD.

They also do a great job with overnight stays for both dogs and cats.

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:56 pm

For those who aren't aware, Ed Dickson is from North Coast Dogs, a great place for training - and it's a lot easier to find because of the Inn the Doghouse sign!

North Coast also has occasional seminars with some pretty prominent dog people.

Ed Dickson

Postby Ed Dickson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks DL. :D

North Coast Dogs does have a lot of training options. Lesser known is that we also have a small retail store (Delivery coming at the end of January) and a photography studio.

We have a pretty great seminar coming in May. Details will follow as they are finalized.

Return to “Lakewood Pet Talk & More”