Chinese-made drywall ruining homes

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Charlie Page

Chinese-made drywall ruining homes

Postby Charlie Page » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Interesting story, although I don't think us northerners have anything to worry about.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/18/chines ... index.html

I was going to sue her for defamation of character but then I realized I had no character – Charles Barkley
Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I read this too and it made me angry. We have put up with products that poison our animals, our babies and now this? When are we going to manufacture things in America again?

I guess when we are borrowing so much from the Chinese to finance our wars to bring democracy to Iraq and to bail out Wall Street, we can't stand on morals and demand that they agree to Human Rights or to Safe Products. But we can sure ban trade with Cuba.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin
Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Mon May 11, 2009 11:33 pm

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2009-05-07/news/chinese-drywall-leaves-florida-homeowners-looking-for-someone-to-blame

Back then, homeowners were just figuring out that Chinese drywall installed in as many as 100,000 houses nationwide produces high levels of sulfur and, some believe, releases toxic chemicals into the air. The gases corrode wiring and pipes and, more important, could cause home­owners long-term health problems.

The fact that China was the source of the defective drywall wasn't surprising, considering the country's history of exporting toys containing lead paint. But what makes the drywall worse is that there's no recall that will fix it short of tearing homes down to the studs to remove the potentially hazardous walls.

Wow! You have to read this. The electrical and appliances were going. The family was sick. Finally the father who is an emergency room doctor investigated and found his home was made with Drywall from China.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”