Toilet Tank Lid

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Tim Liston

Toilet Tank Lid

Postby Tim Liston » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:36 am

OK so I have a really super handyman type who can do absolutely anything around my house. He is THE MAN. But while working on some pipes in the wall behind one of our toilets, he dropped and broke the lid to the tank.

I believe there are sources for replacement lids but I don't who who/where. Perhaps you do and can let me know. Thanks.

Will Brown

Postby Will Brown » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:34 pm

I've not seen any locally, but perhaps they can be special ordered. A lot of Lakewood homes have very old toilets and that may make finding a replacement difficult. And it makes environmental sense to update the whole thing if you have an old one that uses more water than the new ones.

See http://www.plumbingsupply.com for a source; but note that you can buy a fully functional toilet at places like Home Depot for less than they charge for a lid, unless you are looking for a luxury model.

Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Regarding low-flow toilets....

I'm not sold. And it's not that they don't flush everything down. It's that (I'm told) older homes have smaller diameter pipes from the toilets, and it's important that "stuff" not sit in the pipes. So, despite that in many regards I am pretty "green," I still want a good ol' heavy-duty flush.

I have not found a lid for the tank yet but I haven't tried either.

Jim DeVito

Postby Jim DeVito » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 am

On a side note try putting a brick in your tank to displace some water and bingo you've got a low flow toilet. ;-)

Ruth Sholtis-Furyes

Postby Ruth Sholtis-Furyes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:18 am

I think we got our replacement lid at Webb supply on 117. Yes they are contractor only but they let us buy a lid.

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”