Recommendation Needed, Copper Gutters

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Tim Liston

Recommendation Needed, Copper Gutters

Postby Tim Liston » Sat May 24, 2008 4:29 am

I need some repairs to my copper gutters. I've had someone in the past but he comes from way over on the other side of town and to be honest I'm not sure I have his information anymore. So rather than hunt it down I thought maybe you might know of someone closer. One of the seams broke and part of the gutter is just hanging there.

Recommendations?

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Sat May 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Please PM me with info. if you get it, Tim - I know somebody near you who could use that info.!

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Tim-- Contact your neighbors at the end of the street. Stan

Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:30 am

For anyone who's interested, I ended up on craigslist and found....

Dave at metalmannow@yahoo.com or 440-346-6673.

He's a young man who works full time and does architectural metalwork on the side. Unfortunately he's out of Madison, so we waited until he had another nearby job.

Of course I won't know until it holds for a few years but I think he knows his stuff and did a pretty good job. We also spent about 15 minutes talking about how copper turns green. He was surprised that, although my gutters were old, they were not green. Well that's because when I bought the house, they were painted :cry:. We had them stripped (Sherwin-Williams PeelAway) and they are not yet green. I had done some research and actually had some "instant green" made up, which worked pretty well but looked a bit unnatural to me so I didn't use it. He also has something he uses that he says people are pretty happy with. I do wish they'd hurry up and turn green.

DL here it is but I did PM you too.

I'll be posting for another needed bit of home advice in the next little bit. Not very many folks have copper gutters but everyone has at least one of what's next....

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”