Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Melissa Page

Madison Avenue Merchants Meeting

Postby Melissa Page » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Dear Madison Ave. Merchants,

Next Madison Ave. Merchants meeting:
Wednesday, October 20th, 9am to 10:15am
At Troy Monument & Urn Co., 13330 Madison Ave.

Agenda topics: Exciting report on the new Executive Board/Leadership Team that is formed for MAMA; Report and discussion on the Madison East end Master Planning that is currently in the works; City Hall’s Buy Lakewood promotional program discussion; I’ve also invited the sales person from Lakewood Observer to come and present holiday advertising specials for the paper.

November’s meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 17th.

Thanks, Mel Page

Melissa Page

Re: Madison Avenue Merchants Meeting

Postby Melissa Page » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

November 2010 Madison Avenue Merchants Assoc. Meeting

Wednesday, November 17th, 9am to 10:15am
at Marrell Musical Instrument Repair, 13733 Madison Ave., 228-4885. (at Bunts Rd).

Agenda topics will be focused on the December holidays coming up and what special promotions, cross marketing, or events should be done to bring more of the Lakewood community to think of Madison Ave. for goods and services pertaining to parties, celebrations, and gift giving. This includes:

1. We will be updating the "Madison Ave. Gift Guide" pamphlet that was created last year for the holiday time. Remember the beautiful colorful cover of this booklet size piece? We put together about 1000 of them last year and they went like hotcakes out of most of your storefronts. I believe I still have about 1000 of these covers for this year. (My heartfelt thanks go to Jim O'bryan and Stephen Davis for their donation of time and resources towards these colorful covers for this Madison Ave. effort.) I will have a draft of the insert directory of businesses and descriptions to go in this year's pamphlet. I will need donations to help with the cost of xerox copies of the updated list that gets stapled to the cover.

2. Last year we launched a simple "Holiday Thursdays on Madison Ave" ad campaign. Besides listing many retail stores or more shopping type of places, many of you submitted to me a special promotion that was included with the 2 quarter size ads that were in for 2 Lakewood Observer issues last year. Also, flyers for this and your own promotions helped get the word out. Again, it is important to note that Lakewood Observer donated this ad space to our group. If we are up for doing this again we will need to ask LO to donate ad space again or we need to collect funds from you to purchase the ad or cost of printing flyers. We will discuss at meeting. I just saw that Downtown Lakewood is promoting Holiday extended shopping hours on Thursdays. I'm happy to see this be a city-wide annual promotion that local shoppers can count on every December (and all through the year for that matter.)

3. Glenn of Lakewood Hardware spearheaded a Madison Avenue Merchants internal gift-certificate/card exchange. I believe about 10 of you participated last year. Do we want to do this again this year?

4. Lastly, last year we encouraged all Madison Ave. storefronts to hang simple white lights up to brighten our storefronts during the holiday season. This made a great impact! And it was low cost and simple. I say we push it again this year. We'll discuss.

Please come to the meeting to discuss the above and share your ideas and resources.

Thanks, Mel

Return to “MAMA”