What one coupon giveaway would work for all MAMA members?

Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Melissa Page

What one coupon giveaway would work for all MAMA members?

Postby Melissa Page » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Exploring an idea here. Can you help?

Currently MAMA has about 45 "members". We have salons, restaurants, fitness, wellness, & rec. services, boutiques, art galleries, bars, and other professional services, among this group. So if we were to place a coupon in the paper or pass out at a public event is there a coupon amount that would be appropriate for all MAMA businesses and that gives the customer incentive enough to come in and redeem?

If we were to do this I would make sure all businesses participating had a MAMA sticker on their door and the coupon would say to look for the MAMA sticker. Maybe an expiration of a month's time to redeem.

For example

$5 or some dollar amount
10% or some percentage of an item or
Or, a either or, whichever is higher for the customer

Melissa Page

Postby Melissa Page » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

This topic will be on our March meeting agenda (Wednesday March 25th, 8:30am to 10:00am or 7pm to 8:30pm).

My purpose for exploring this idea is because I'd like to try to get Madison Ave. publicity and activity by using a giveaway coupon.

1. I believe Lakewood Observer would allow us to put this in the paper for low cost or for free one time if we join efforts. Coupon would be limited to redeeming at MAMA businesses (would need MAMA sticker on your front window or if I listed all the businesses with the coupon).

2. Lots of people will be coming to Madison Ave. with the Home Show on April 25 and the summer ArtWalks. Also we may get 100 or so volunteers to help clean up the Madison neighborhoods and parks. The coupon could be a ticket to pass out to reinforce coming to/coming back to Madison Ave. for goods and services.

What discount or dollar amount would work for you?

Thanks, Mel

Return to “MAMA”