MAMA Mission Statement Proposal

Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Melissa Page

MAMA Mission Statement Proposal

Postby Melissa Page » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 pm

The Madison Avenue Merchant Assoc. is evolving into something special. I'm honored to be able to lead it into its next stage of development where we will grow and achieve beyond anyone's expectations. But first we can't go any further until we identify why we come together and what we are trying to achieve. That is where a mission statement and purpose becomes imperative to a group's success. Based on listening to Madison Avenue and its surrounding community this is a mission statement I will be proposing at the next MAMA meeting for attendees to discuss and vote on.

Madison Avenue Merchant Association is dedicated to connecting Madison Avenue area businesses to the surrounding community. Thereby, raising the level of residential and commercial activity consistent with the interests of Lakewood citizenry and smart, sustainable economic practices.

I ask you to take some time to think about this mission statement and let it sink in for a bit. I welcome your suggestions or comments here and will collect and present them with our discussion at our next meeting, Wed. February 18, 8:30am to 10am at bela dubby.

Thanks, Mel

Melissa Page

Postby Melissa Page » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:49 pm

I can't find anyone to give me other ideas or tell me they dislike something about what this mission statement says. Everyone at the Feb. meeting were happy with it (or didn't speak up otherwise : )

This will be the mission statement used for all MAMA communications. At the beginning of 2010 I'd like to bring it up again for discussion reflecting on our 2009 year.

Return to “MAMA”