The Art Walk and Mama

Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Justine Cooper

The Art Walk and Mama

Postby Justine Cooper » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:22 am

Don't wait for your ship to come in, and feel angry and cheatd when it doesn't. Get going with something small."-Irene Kassorla

"...But it is always awesome to me when you can pool a lot of talent and a lot of people who have so many talents. That is when you really can make your program move"-Hortense Canady

"I am suffocated and lost when I have not the bright feeling of progression"
-Margaret Fuller

"Don't agonize. Organize
."-Florynce Kennedy

While there has been a better turnout at each Mama meeting and I think this artwalk will be the best event to date, I do have to state some disappointment. We have a high number of businesses involved in this next event, which can mean a higher turnout for the Christmas event and following events. However, as I drive up and down Madison I notice some blocks that have not been hit at all. If one or two business owners committed to one to two hours, they could have hit one block with five businesses. WE are all busy, but I find it disappointing to hear complaints about Madison, and then no extra effort for these team events. After volunteering several hours of my time, and the LO offering up all free publicity and money for some things, I expect some members to step up in the spirit of the "team" and not just their own business or this will fail.

If you all knew how many people were excited about this art walk that we put together in weeks SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF BRINGING PEOPLE OUT TO ALL MADISON AVENUE BUSINESSES then you would realize the importance of working more together. There will be no negativity allowed at Mama meetings from here out. If we have an event that has gliches, and there will be some, then we will talk about how to improve. If we don't have the passion and love for Madison, how can we ask others to have it? Negativity is just as contagious and positive energy. This is coming from a person that still has debt from my business of two years, and I fully accept that and spend time trying to bring business to others, something I never had as a business owner on Madison.

There should be the utmost appreciation for Ruthie and her LIA group for all they are doing to help Mama, and when you see all that we have accomplished in a short amount of time, you will agree.

God speed and God Bless on this Art walk and all ventures hereforth!

A woman is like a teabag--you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water!"-Nancy Reagan

I postpone death by living,by suffering, by error, by risking, by hiving, by losing."-Anais Nin

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: The Art Walk and Mama

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 pm

All we need is love...

and some positive thinking.

thanks for the post.

peace.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “MAMA”