Light Up Lakewood

Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Justine Cooper

Light Up Lakewood

Postby Justine Cooper » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 pm

OK I originally put the wrong post here about neighbors!

I met with a subcommittee of Light up Lakewood. From what it sounds, there are many people and organizations involved. The chamber was not at the meeting and the subcommittee sounds pretty frustrated also with the Chamber, and has taken this event to do really well this year. It will include lighting of the tree and lights and carolers as well as Santa this year which is great for the community. It will also include certificates for participating businesses. This is not a fund raiser for ANY organization, but a way to get people shopping in Lakewood for the holidays, so there is no surcharge on the certificates. Any business that wants to participate, just adds their name, and when a person buys a certificate it can be used at any business on the list! You then cash them at the bank! I think this is great for the community and any business that wants to participate, and also sell certificates at their business (optional but it brings people in) and/or be part of a sub committee, just let me know! This could coincide with Miracle on Madison or be just an extra event, but I am glad that people are out doing things to help the businesses and glad that they invited me to include Madison businesses! It will be discussed further on 9/11 meeting! See you there!

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Light Up Lakewood

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Justine

Nice job and nice report.

When is the next MAMA Meeting?

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “MAMA”