CALLING ALL MERCHANT PARTICIPANTS FOR MADISON WALK

Madison Avenue Merchants' Association

Moderators: Jim DeVito, MAMA

Joe Buchta

CALLING ALL MERCHANT PARTICIPANTS FOR MADISON WALK

Postby Joe Buchta » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:50 pm

The Madison Avenue Walk is less than a week away - Sat., June 16th.

We need to involve as many businesses along Madison Avenue as possible so that patrons who do participate in this weekend's event do not end up walking a quarter mile between businesses who even know there is a walk going on!

I think each business participating so far should draw or download a mini map that includes 5 to 10 blocks on either side of them. If everyone visits those businesses on each side of them we ought to be able to "connect the dots" so to speak so that patrons who do choose to walk from one end of Madison to the other do not end up in "dead zones".

Even if a business chooses not to lay out the red carpet for this event, or they do not contribute to the grand prize drawing, they should be aware of what is going on JUNE 16 from 12pm to 5pm.

It would be nice to see many businesses on Madison Avenue, including the bars, cafes, service businesses and retail businesses all participating by putting up some sign or flag to acknowledge the event....

Lets not embarrass ourselves even if this is the first event for Madison in a while!

I would like to thank Jim O'Bryan for his efforts to promote MAMA and in turn our businesses here in Lakewood!

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:28 am

The raffle this time will be one ticket for each shop you go in. The more businesses you visit, the more chances you have to win. Each business should bring a big bucket or bowl for entries and will all put them together at the end of the event.

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
kathy curran

calling all merchant participants for the walk

Postby kathy curran » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:53 am

i have already spoken personally to; and given invites to the last MAMA meeting to all the merchants in my block......
since the businesses have not chosen to attend the meetings and/or post to the MAMA site i believe they are not interested........

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 am

But some will be once they see the success this will be!!!

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Joe Buchta

Postby Joe Buchta » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:13 am

I suspect many businesses are skeptical or apathetic. As long as we have all contacted as many business owners along Madison and made them aware, even if they choose not to participate in the raffle, they may still take notice on Saturday and participate on some level as patrons start walking by.

I guess we will all feel like we have done our duty if we at least contacted businesses as late as Friday. I can just see it now.... oh, "I didn't know there was a merchant walk this weekend... nobody told me or asked me to join".

I am always amazed at the number of people that have been hiding under a big rock. And, don't count on anyone recently contacted to know how to post to MAMA this week. It may be user friendly enough, but I have personally had to refer three people to Jim O'Bryan in order to navigate to the MAMA group on the observation deck. I had trouble myself and needed assistance.

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 am

Joe,
The sad thing is that there are a lot of businesses that haven't been informed or invited yet and some that weren't even invited to the last meeting but made the one before that! I could not deliver all of Madison myself and no one else dropped off fliers or invites. Jim was on the East side working to make money for the paper and I could only do a portion. Hopefully that will change in the future. People can join this as late as Friday, but only the ones who committed will be on the fliers and in the paper. I will go buy raffle tickets to drop off to businesses this week. Jim or I will be by all businesses by Friday to pick up the cash for the raffle and drop off tickets. I was hoping the cash would have been collected during last meeting but next time will be better.
I will post the incentives I know about and all can add.

Yes it is very difficult for businesses to sign onto Mama and I hope that changes!

Return to “MAMA”