LO_19_06, Lakewood Parents Ask, And So Do We...

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_19_06, Lakewood Parents Ask, And So Do We...

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 am

In this issue, we take a look at one of the hottest subjects in town. The education of our children, their future, and the city we love. The Lakewood Observer has always shown the correlation between good schools and property value. While highlighting Lakewood’s residents dedication to education and learning with hundreds of millions invested in our schools and library.

As Lakewood moves forward it will pay all of us to look back at not just our history, but how we got where we are at, as we, as a community, try to move forward. Over the next couple months we will be taking a good hard look at Lakewood Schools’ 50 Year Committee, what was discovered during the 3+ Phases, and who drove the bus and why? I promise this will be a fascinating look at how we got here and where we need to go.

We also have articles about the amazing transformation at St. James’s Gymnasium, some great achievements by Lakewoodites, the news on our waterfront, and if we can ever actually get in the water, some music, some food and always a bunch of stories, news, views and opinions from your friends, neighbors, and local businesses and non-profits.

Together, we are Lakewood, and no one covers it better.

Please go out and pick up a printed copy at over 100 locations around town, or
Download the digital version here.

http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_19_Issue_06.pdf

Peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”