2022 Veteran's Day Ceremony - Pat Foye - Keynote Speaker

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

2022 Veteran's Day Ceremony - Pat Foye - Keynote Speaker

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:31 pm

A large group to the Veteran's Day ceremony inside today.

Here are some highlights...

Veterans Day Program, November 11, 2022, 11:00 AM ~ Lakewood Park

National Anthem — Tower City Barbershop Chorus

Pledge Of Allegiance

Invocation — Fr. Kevin Elbert, St. Luke Church

Opening Remarks — Mayor Meghan George

Introduction of Keynote Speaker Charles Preto, St. Cyril & Methodius CWV Post 579

Keynote Speaker — Patrick Foye, First Sergeant, United State Army Reserve (Retired)

This year’s keynote speaker is First Sergeant Patrick Foye. Mr. Foye was raised in Lakewood with his six siblings and attended Lakewood City Schools. He served four and half years as Active Duty and the remainder of his twenty-year career in the United States Army Reserves.
\
First Sergeant Foye was deployed to three continents with service in Haiti, Bosnia, and Afghanistan. He received numerous awards over his military career including the Army Achievement of Medal (WOC), Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, and Bronze Star Medal.

Mr. Foye graduated from Kent State University Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice Studies.  He is a retired Lakewood Police Officer having served 26 years with the Department, 11 of those years as a detective.  During his time with the LPD, he held positions as a SWAT Team Member & Leader, Field Training Officer, Traffic Crash Investigator, Narcotics Detective, Evidence Technician, and a Latent Print Examiner.  He currently serves as a School Resource Officer with the Westlake Police Department.

Services Available To Veterans — Jon Reiss, Cuyahoga County Veterans Service Commission

God Bless America — Tower City Barbershop Chorus

Rifle Squad 21Gun Salute — Joint Veterans Honor Guard

Taps

Amazing Grace — Brendan Dorsey, 87th Cleveland Pipe Band

Some students from LCA made paper soldiers for the Veterans to take home with them.

Thank you to all that served.

You can see all the photos at:
http://lakewoodobserver.com/photoblogs/jim-obryan/2022-veteran-day-ceremony

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Sandra Donnelly

Re: 2022 Veteran's Day Ceremony - Pat Foye - Keynote Speaker

Postby Sandra Donnelly » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:49 pm

So proud of my former student, Pat Foye, who was in my sixth grade class at Harding Middle School. I'll never forget how he worked to get my late brother in law, Joe Donnelly, his medals from his service in Viet Nam. Pat is an amazing person, and I thank him for his service to all of us.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”