LO 18_10, On The Streets And Online

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO 18_10, On The Streets And Online

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed May 18, 2022 8:27 am

With just over a month to go before summer, here is Volume 18, Issue 10. This issue provides a nice overview of where Lakewood is at, and where we are headed. We look at the next generation, their talents and achievements. We are so proud of our Lakewood students, teachers, and their accomplishments.

We note the pending retirement of Toni Gelsomino. I know what a strong pillar she has always been, not just to the Lakewood community, but to nearly every family and child in this city as well.  30+ years of amazing service and work for Lakewood. Enjoy your retirement Toni, you are respected, loved, and missed already.

As I walk the streets of this town I call home, I notice a wonderful calmness over the city that had been missing in the past 10 years or so. Lakewoodites are comfortable with everything but our property taxes, with good reason. Why should we bear the burden of a failing County Government, and anchor city Cleveland, Ohio. It's not Lakewood's fault that their failed leadership has seen the county hemorrhage residents and businesses for 30+ years.  Elections matter, stay informed and vote this Fall. Register if you haven't.

Check out the news, views and observations.
Better still, join the project, share your thoughts, opinions, information, stories and photos.
Enter them in the every growing history of Lakewood, and the Lakewood Observer.

After all, the best photos and stories are the ones that are shared.

Pick up a printed copy of the Lakewood Observer at over 100 locations around town, or you can download the digital version here:
http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_18_Issue_10.pdf

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”