House Broken into 3 Times, No Police Report?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Leo Wetula

House Broken into 3 Times, No Police Report?

Postby Leo Wetula » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:29 pm

My house (half of a double) on the west side of Lakewood was broken into three times in the past few weeks as part of some sort of leasing scam. The first two times the locks were drilled out when I was not home. The third time I was also not home, but thankfully my neighbors notified me when the people were in the middle of breaking in. I was way on the east side of Cleveland, but I called the Lakewood police who caught the people in the act. Some family members went to my house to talk to the police. Much to my surprise the police let the people go. They persons who broke into my house had temporary tags on their car and were carrying burglary tools in the back of their car. They evidently told the police that they had leased the house, but they had no evidence of this (lease, proof of payment of a deposit, etc.), and it appears the police saw these people as the victims (and not me, who had his house broken into three times). What is wrong with this picture? Everyone who was at the scene (neighbors, family members) could see there was obviously something fishy, but not the Lakewood police. Now I cannot find any evidence of any police report from any of these incidents (there should be two reports) and I cannot get any information from Lakewood police. I keep telling myself I am done with Lakewood, after the gunshots next to my house, the screaming drunks in the streets, the vandalism, etc., but now I really am. This city does not deserve one dime of my tax dollars. As someone born in Lakewood 50+ years ago, I still cannot figure out who Lakewood City government serves, but it is not regular citizens. I am out. And it is a relief.

Dan OMalley

Re: House Broken into 3 Times, No Police Report?

Postby Dan OMalley » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Leo,

I would be happy to help you with this matter. In the interest of your privacy, it’s probably best if you send me an email directly with the pertinent details and we can go from there.

Dan O’Malley
City Council President
Ward 4
Daniel.OMalley@lakewoodoh.net

Dan O'Malley

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”