Mass Vaccination Site In Photos

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Mass Vaccination Site In Photos

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:11 am

Longtime Lakewood Observer photographer and member Jacob Chabowski walked around down at the Wolstein Center and got some photos and thoughts.

"Vaccinations continue to ramp up at the Wolstein Center. The first state-federal Mass Vaccination Clinic in Ohio is expected to provide up to 6,000 shots a day.

In the first few days the clinic has received glowing reviews. Most people stated they were in and out in less than 30 minutes. Signage around the Wolstein Center was clear and volunteers and CSU students were on hand to enthusiastically greet and direct people.

"It has a community feeling to it," one woman told me of her experience. "It's almost like going to an Indians game. People are just enjoying the experience and appreciating all the hard work that led up to this point."

Parking around the Wolstein Center is free, and Greater Cleveland RTA is providing free shuttles from the lots to the entrance. Cleveland Police, CSU Police, and Transit Police have been providing traffic control and security.

The clinic is expected to remain open for over two months."

Here are some...

See them all at: http://lakewoodobserver.com/photoblogs/jacob-chabowski/mass-vaccinations-continue-at-csus-wolstein-center

Nice capture, thanks Jacob. Isn't it time you shared your photos, stories and Observations with us?

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cameron karslake

Re: Mass Vaccination Site In Photos

Postby cameron karslake » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Got my first show yesterday, Monday the 22nd.

Although the small surface lots aren't well marked, the parking garage across the street was well marked.

Pedestrians with a reserved time slot must enter via the "B" entrance, which, to me is around the "back" side off of Carnegie (the south-east corner of the building). The other entrances are reserved for drive ups, busses etc.

Once inside, you come upon a National Guard member every 30 ft or so telling you where to go. They were all very cheerful and ready to assist. So easy!

You want to get this virus behind us??

C'mon everybody do your part, get vaccinated!

Otherwise, you have nothing to complain about!

(Also, you may notice no pics of the inside staging area because that is forbidden...)

jkocinski

Postby jkocinski » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:40 pm

I was there last Friday and although I believe that it is an extremely efficient operation, I was very disappointed by the lack of people being vaccinated. It was very much under capacity.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:07 am

jkocinski wrote:I was there last Friday and although I believe that it is an extremely efficient operation, I was very disappointed by the lack of people being vaccinated. It was very much under capacity.

John

Average time from drop off until out the door 20 minutes.

Plenty of free parking just east of the building.

I believe they were working up to their 6,000 a day. Also in a raging pandemic you do not need people standing around.

A nice little side note: At the end of the day they take walk ups.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
jkocinski

Postby jkocinski » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:14 am

Jim, I agree it was very efficient. What I mean by under capacity is once I was inside (which took like 1 minute), there was many, many empty chairs where the vaccinations actually take place. I was scheduled for 11:00 am. I got to the building at 10:30 after parking because I was expecting the place to be full. I was out the door by 10:40. Was nice for me for sure but I was hoping to see more people getting their shot. This is what is needed to get life back to "normal". I hope that I am wrong and that they are so efficient that there in never a wait, but that doesn't seem likely to me. It would be interesting to see some statistics on how many shots have been actually given per day.

mjkuhns

Postby mjkuhns » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:11 am

This week's Scene has a very good feature on the Wolstein Center vaccination site. Arriving on the street in a day or so; online now.

:: matt kuhns ::

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”