Who Has Which Vaccine?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bridget Conant

Who Has Which Vaccine?

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:16 pm

Rite Aid, Giant Eagle, Marc’s....

Does anyone know which company’s vaccine they are using this week?

I know GE previously was administering Moderna and Drug Mart had the Pfizer. Would like to know which one Rite Aid has right now.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Re: Who Has Which Vaccine?

Postby Stan Austin » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:23 pm

Bridget-- could you perhaps be more specific as to which vaccine is supposed to inoculate against? Otherwise a response could prove to be embarrassing. :mrgreen:

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:37 am

It may well be a crap shoot, dependent on the last shipment. I made appointments with Metro for Saturday this week and they couldn't say - either Pfizer or Moderna, and I wouldn't be surprised if J&J turned up. I'll take what I can get as soon as I can get it.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:27 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:It may well be a crap shoot, dependent on the last shipment. I made appointments with Metro for Saturday this week and they couldn't say - either Pfizer or Moderna, and I wouldn't be surprised if J&J turned up. I'll take what I can get as soon as I can get it.

Everyone I have spoken with over the past 3 days, about 30 that have gotten the shot in the past week all were the Moderna vaccine.

But it would appear that the efficacy rate for all versions climbs in the month after vaccine. I saw a graph charting this yesterday, that shows all three going up as far as 60 days the length of this study. So after first Moderna shot by the time you get second shot it slowly raises to about 75% at the time of the second shot. This seems to climb to around 93% at the 60th day.

Also there is a study that claims those that had COVID and get vaccinated have a 95% efficacy rate.

But with the good news comes the bad. It would seem kids that are long haulers, even those without serious symptoms have long term effect similar or worse that adult long haulers. This includes loss of smell and or taste, tiredness, breathing problems, heart and brain issues.

While people that have loss their sense of smell have reasonable success relearning how to smell. I have not heard this about taste or other symptoms.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks, Jim.

I’ll take anything, but I’d prefer the mRNA two dose vaccine as it appears to be slightly more efficacious for older populations.

The J&J will be fine for quickly vaccinating a lot of people who aren’t currently in a “qualified” group. It will really help stop the spread.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 am

Bridget Conant wrote:Thanks, Jim.

I’ll take anything, but I’d prefer the mRNA two dose vaccine as it appears to be slightly more efficacious for older populations.

The J&J will be fine for quickly vaccinating a lot of people who aren’t currently in a “qualified” group. It will really help stop the spread.

While I agree, it appears that the J&J vaccine seems to be better at stopping transmission though all numbers are new, it appears all stop or slow transmission.

Also the J&J seems to have better numbers for those previously infected with COVID.

OK, time for an uplifting story. This morning while making my rounds, one of my stops is where a group of regular older right leaning Trump supporting curmudgeons gather. Today we spoke of a couple things but suddenly they were bragging about "getting the shot." A week ago all were saying no way, never. This week now that all had gotten at least one shot, all were happy to be flaunting their recent injection.

I take this as a good sign.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cmager

Postby cmager » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:OK, time for an uplifting story. This morning while making my rounds, one of my stops is where a group of regular older right leaning Trump supporting curmudgeons gather. Today we spoke of a couple things but suddenly they were bragging about "getting the shot." A week ago all were saying no way, never. This week now that all had gotten at least one shot, all were happy to be flaunting their recent injection. I take this as a good sign.

It was revealed this week that Trump was secretly vaccinated in January. Secretly so as not to go off-brand and destroy the message to the cult. Those in the above-mentioned Trump cult no doubt feel betrayed, perhaps the emperor has no clothes, and now they rally around "getting the shot." :roll:

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:09 pm

Glad you got what you wanted!

We got our 2nd poke of Moderna last night.
The pharmacist told us, that he never knows what vaccine he has been sent, until he opens the box.

Same goes for needles.
He is a sent a variety of sizes and sorts through, pulling out all the very small ones and uses those first.

I was grateful for his conscientiousness.

Never felt a thing.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:47 pm

I was surprised when they slapped on the bandaid. Was waiting for a pinch but nothing! It was great.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”