COVID Testing - Vaccines

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

COVID Testing - Vaccines

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:01 pm

COVID testing is plentiful with the best two sources I have found was Lakewood Urgent Care, walk up possible but should call ahead. And CVS which I was able to get in and out of in 15 minutes, though normally you have to book ahead. 2-4 seems to be golden time to get in and out.

Vaccines, I am hearing nothing but horror stories for waiting, cancellations and lack of places.

Why doesn't 3-Arches kick in and get Lakewood vaccinated? We gave you tens of millions.

Cut a brother a break and help out here in Lakewood.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Re: COVID Testing - Vaccines

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:09 pm

Now, successfully delinked from our award-winning acute care public hospital, the Three Arches Foundation is an organization with no purpose and its leadership understood exactly what it was doing when it collaborated in the closing of the now demolished Lakewood Hospital and repositioning its funds. -- A sad story that has been explored at length here in other posts.

Too depressing for words actually...

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Now, successfully delinked from our award-winning acute care public hospital, the Three Arches Foundation is an organization with no purpose and its leadership understood exactly what it was doing when it collaborated in the closing of the now demolished Lakewood Hospital and repositioning its funds. -- A sad story that has been explored at length here in other posts.

Too depressing for words actually...

Over the weekend, I drove by the immense, some might say, vast hole at the corner of Detroit and Belle. Like many of you, I also contemplate those I know who have recently died from the pandemic.

With respect to many of our elected leaders and those civic leaders who served on the boards of LHA and LHF, I will remark that once public trust is lost it is rarely regained.

It will take the Three Arches Foundation decades, if ever, to regain public trust with respect to the delivery of healthcare services in Lakewood.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:With respect to many of our elected leaders and those civic leaders who served on the boards of LHA and LHF, I will remark that once public trust is lost it is rarely regained.

It will take the Three Arches Foundation decades, if ever, to regain public trust with respect to the delivery of healthcare services in Lakewood.

Yeah but they are really big in their own minds especially when...
... giving themselves awards for being so wonderful
... all those luncheons with people asking them for our money
... all those parties they have now that they are finally employed at the non-profit
... at all those meeting shwere people are kissing their asses

They have never cared about Lakewood, our health or well being. NEVER

They prove it every minute every day.

They could make Lakewood a model city, but no, doesn't fit in with their real plans.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:COVID testing is plentiful with the best two sources I have found was Lakewood Urgent Care, walk up possible but should call ahead. And CVS which I was able to get in and out of in 15 minutes, though normally you have to book ahead. 2-4 seems to be golden time to get in and out.

I was just on the CVS website and it said they are just doing 70+, although today is the day for the 65+ group.
Are you saying just drop in, or maybe call the local store?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm

And which vaccine do they have?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:COVID testing is plentiful with the best two sources I have found was Lakewood Urgent Care, walk up possible but should call ahead. And CVS which I was able to get in and out of in 15 minutes, though normally you have to book ahead. 2-4 seems to be golden time to get in and out.

I was just on the CVS website and it said they are just doing 70+, although today is the day for the 65+ group.

Dan

This is testing only.

The news on vaccines is that they are vapor at this point.

I have near and dear friends in Group 1 A and they cannot get one anywhere.

Ohio, DeWine, and the rest are a fucking joke. They all threw in with the herd mentality of Trump never had the balls to say it.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:59 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:

Dan

This is testing only.

The news on vaccines is that they are vapor at this point.

I have near and dear friends in Group 1 A and they cannot get one anywhere.

Ohio, DeWine, and the rest are a fucking joke. They all threw in with the herd mentality of Trump never had the balls to say it.

Drug Mart has it, but limited. Need to be on online list. Except, if any left at end of day they have some method of calling people in.

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:38 pm

.[/quote]

Drug Mart has it, but limited. Need to be on online list. Except, if any left at end of day they have some method of calling people in.[/quote]

I had preregistered with Drug Mart around mid-January. I immediately received a confirmation by email.
About 2weeks later, I received a phone call just to confirm contact info and the location that I had registered with.

At 1:45 pm today, I got a call from Drug Mart saying that my husband and I could get the vaccine today.
So, 30 minutes later, there we were, sitting with our sleeves rolled up.

I never felt a thing.

We are to be contacted, when it's time for the 2nd dose.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:25 pm

I am horrified at how mismanaged this is. There should be one online site to sign up. Then be directed to the location nearest you with available vaccine.

Right now you have to check Giant Eagle, Drug Mart, and a few other places to try to “get in” the system and hope you get an appointment.

It’s F-ing ridiculous. They could have had Ticketmaster handle this as it seems to the the exact same method. It’s all luck.

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:15 am

The vaccination process for seniors has been delayed due to a shortage of vaccine. Facilities won't schedule an appointment until they have the vaccine in hand, and supposedly, have the 2nd shot in reserve.

Along with the shortage, it is my understanding, that when vaccines come into Ohio, vials are divided (unevenly) between teachers and senior citizens. A much larger supply is set aside for the academics, as they want to get the teachers back into the classroom AND keep them safe in the process.

Vaccinating teachers is through a whole different system. Definitely not Drug Mart, etc.

I had registered with only one facility and that was with the Drug Mart nearest my home. I found them to be very efficient. The process may seem slow, but it is a huge undertaking.

I listened in to the pharmacy techs yesterday. They had to turn away a walk-in, who did not look quite old enough to receive the vaccine. They had to turn away someone, who didn't have their Medicare card, AND had registered twice. The techs were kind and polite, but dealing with those kind of situations put them behind in processing the folks, who were showing up ....having been called like I'd been. AND, they were still answering the phone, as well as handing out prescriptions to customers.

I thought Drug Mart did a good job.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:33 pm

It’s not Drug Mart’s fault.

This lies squarely with Trump and the previous administration.

cmager

Postby cmager » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:30 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:With respect to many of our elected leaders and those civic leaders who served on the boards of LHA and LHF, I will remark that once public trust is lost it is rarely regained. It will take the Three Arches Foundation decades, if ever, to regain public trust with respect to the delivery of healthcare services in Lakewood.

... all those parties they have now that they are finally employed at the non-profit

They could make Lakewood a model city, but no, doesn't fit in with their real plans.

I struggle to know how and why the leaders of Three Arches operate in the community, no doubt expecting respect and public good will. They are people of commerce and other positions in Lakewood, and some are now from outside the city. Do they not deserve boycotts of their businesses, and general disrespect and shame? It's arguable, no?

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:17 am

cmager wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:With respect to many of our elected leaders and those civic leaders who served on the boards of LHA and LHF, I will remark that once public trust is lost it is rarely regained. It will take the Three Arches Foundation decades, if ever, to regain public trust with respect to the delivery of healthcare services in Lakewood.

I struggle to know how and why the leaders of Three Arches operate in the community, no doubt expecting respect and public good will. They are people of commerce and other positions in Lakewood, and some are now from outside the city. Do they not deserve boycotts of their businesses, and general disrespect and shame? It's arguable, no?

You should see what is going on in Bay Village, same cast of characters, same fluffy BS. Bay Village needs a town center if you are going to "stay in Bay." Go check it out it reads like the whose who of Lakewood's cocktail party Sims City crew. Right down to various team members in various places at City Hall, CDC, and community groups!

But back on topic.

Everyone should keep and eye and ear open and continue to check back. This week I know of at least 30 people that were able to make appointments for vaccines.

Top hits were, Drug Mart, CVS and Rite Aid.

Also Cuyahoga County is planning on at least 1 massive vaccine site at the County Fairgrounds in Berea.

Hang on its coming!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:38 pm

I re registered at Drug Mart. Received a pro forma text reply. I ain't dead yet but I really would like to get the vaccine just like in the "old" days when my whole family strolled over to Harding to get the Sabin oral vaccine. Didn't seem to be much of a problem back then.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”