Superintendent Mike Barnes Leaving Lakewood Schools

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Superintendent Mike Barnes Leaving Lakewood Schools

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Michael Barnes will be leaving Lakewood City Schools at the end of the school year.

It is believed he will be returning to Mayfield to become their Superintendent. It has been a little more than a year since we announced that he was coming to Lakewood.

I for one always have liked Dr. Barnes; his honesty, intelligence and candor are rare in this town. When I look back on the past year, thank god he was here to help Lakewood through it. I had hoped you would settle in, Dr. Barnes, but I understand and wish you the best.

Peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Sandra Donnelly

Re: Superintendent Mike Barnes Leaving Lakewood Schools

Postby Sandra Donnelly » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Completely agree, Jim! Dr. Barnes leaving is our loss. Please help me understand how our school board let this happen.

todd vainisi

Re: Superintendent Mike Barnes Leaving Lakewood Schools

Postby todd vainisi » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am

Pretty smart. This school district is going to have the worst scores on the west side next year and an incredibly angry populace of parents who's children have been failed. Woe to whoever inherits this mess and that teachers union better be ready to make some massive concessions on their commitment and hours of instruction (for years) to make up for keeping them safer than all the other essential workers this last 3 months. If you detect my ire leaking out in my words I apologize. I get that many of you didn't want a to send your kids back to school and that others didn't want the community spread. It was wrong to prioritize Barrio's drink sales over our kids education.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”