The Burden II

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

The Burden II

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:04 am

My Topic Is Bars

Over the weekend I learned that many Northeast Ohio legislators are co-sponsors of legislation that would overturn the Governor's time-of-closing order for holders of Ohio liquor licenses.

The closing time is now 11pm. "Last-call" is 10pm.

Before I go much further on this topic, I want to remind everyone that those local residents that contract Covid-19 have all been deprived of their normal civil rights to bring injury claims for negligence in our courts.

Yes, even doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals upon whom we all rely. -- Yes, even all of our first responders.

Mark Kindt

Re: The Burden II

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:29 am

Bars Top The List For Covid-19 Risk

Bars top the list for Covid-19 risk. Why should they receive preferential treatment from any level of government?

See this link:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... f-covid-19

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Look around the country and the world. It's getting worse now, not better. The states and nations that are enjoying the benefits of a lower infection rate are the ones who have approached the pandemic with discipline.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:40 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:Look around the country and the world. It's getting worse now, not better. The states and nations that are enjoying the benefits of a lower infection rate are the ones who have approached the pandemic with discipline.

It seems to me that America and perhaps the world are being held hostage by the loudest, not the most educated on the subject.

Had America, in the beginning and or now just went into complete shutdown for 2-4 weeks, healthcare could once again get a grip on this. Another simpler way to understand this is, we have been doing this for 8 months. It seems the average immunity lasts 3-4, which would be true of a vaccine like the flu vaccine. That means we would be in a full blown second round, just as bad as the first. I would argue we are still in the first round of COVID as it never declined to manageable numbers. Simply people and the media with their ADD mentality needed to get over the first, so we could get into the second like with history.

Right now we have people screaming to let the schools go back in session. Outside of bars, restaurants and retirement homes, schools would be the next best place to catch it. Just today I was reading a mother who is a friend argue, it is not harmful for the kids. A lie, they have no idea what it does long term. Then there is the issue of pre-conditions. As we are watching attacks on the ACA, and guaranteed medical coverage. We are seeing something that is giving millions of more Americans pre-conditions, even the kids.

So America sobers up and stays home over the holidays, or this doesn't end until 2025.

Some of us have been careful since February, desperately hoping that everyone would give up the 1-2 months, but nope.

This gets real ugly by Thanksgiving.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:Look around the country and the world. It's getting worse now, not better. The states and nations that are enjoying the benefits of a lower infection rate are the ones who have approached the pandemic with discipline.

It seems to me that America and perhaps the world are being held hostage by the loudest, not the most educated on the subject.

Had America, in the beginning and or now just went into complete shutdown for 2-4 weeks, healthcare could once again get a grip on this. Another simpler way to understand this is, we have been doing this for 8 months. It seems the average immunity lasts 3-4, which would be true of a vaccine like the flu vaccine. That means we would be in a full blown second round, just as bad as the first. I would argue we are still in the first round of COVID as it never declined to manageable numbers. Simply people and the media with their ADD mentality needed to get over the first, so we could get into the second like with history.

Right now we have people screaming to let the schools go back in session. Outside of bars, restaurants and retirement homes, schools would be the next best place to catch it. Just today I was reading a mother who is a friend argue, it is not harmful for the kids. A lie, they have no idea what it does long term. Then there is the issue of pre-conditions. As we are watching attacks on the ACA, and guaranteed medical coverage. We are seeing something that is giving millions of more Americans pre-conditions, even the kids.

So America sobers up and stays home over the holidays, or this doesn't end until 2025.

Some of us have been careful since February, desperately hoping that everyone would give up the 1-2 months, but nope.

This gets real ugly by Thanksgiving.

Yup. It's a campaign negative for anyone to consider another shutdown, but that may well be what's needed. That's why they wanted to kidnap and possibly kill the Michigan Governor, also Virginia's.

We're talking about what to do on the holidays.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:58 pm

City Clearly Understood In May 2020 That The Pandemic Might Last For Another Year Or More

Dr. Allan from the Cuyahoga County Board of Health told them so. Here we can see that reflected in the HHS Committee minutes:
minhhs-05-18-20 1.jpg
minhhs-05-18-20 1.jpg (398.19 KiB) Viewed 10495 times

Pages from minhhs-05-18-20.jpg
Pages from minhhs-05-18-20.jpg (435.83 KiB) Viewed 10495 times

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

"Commissioner Allen stated that the virus will continue to spread until 60-70% of the population is exposed."

Can someone explain this rationale?

There have already been cases of people becoming re-infected after having already had covid-19.

Considering the date of this report, perhaps these reinfected cases were not yet known when Commissioned Allen made this comment.

If someone can enlighten me, please do. Things are looking more and grim what with the spread rapidly increasing.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:39 am

My Topic Is Bars -- Crowded Bars

When I drove by the Lakewood Truck Stop at 6:10pm yesterday, it was basically a full house. No social distancing at all. "Crowded" is the correct word to describe it.

If other Lakewood bars are this crowded or even half this crowded, I'm really not sure what to say about it. --Bars this crowded until 11pm? Yikes!

Another key takeaway from the HHS minutes is that all participants pretty much understood that social distancing was not going to work or not work very long.

To Ms. Bennett's point, I can only comment that this is how his statements were recorded in the minutes. We all know that the situation has changed significantly in the last 8 months.

The discussed Summer "lull" never occurred. On all the charts Summer 2020 now looks like the second "wave". I hope to track down the more recent committee minutes or recordings.

Ohio reported more than 2400 new cases yesterday.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm

New Ohio Cases Top 2500 per day -- Cuyhoga County Again on Watch List

ODH Graphic 10-22-2020.jpg
ODH Graphic 10-22-2020.jpg (181.92 KiB) Viewed 10386 times

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:23 am

Lakewood (44107) now has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases of any zip code in Cuyahoga County, 640. Zip 44128, a hodge-podge of parts of seven municipalities (Warrensville Hts., Garfield Hts, Bedford Hts., Highland Hills, Orange, N. Randall and Cleveland) has 668 cases.

CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.9.2020.jpg
CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.9.2020.jpg (690.03 KiB) Viewed 10351 times

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:42 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:Lakewood (44107) now has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases of any zip code in Cuyahoga County, 640. Zip 44128, a hodge-podge of parts of seven municipalities (Warrensville Hts., Garfield Hts, Bedford Hts., Highland Hills, Orange, N. Randall and Cleveland) has 668 cases.

CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.9.2020.jpg

Apparently these numbers are a week old. Now Lakewood is number one in this dubious category.

So what's the plan?

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:01 am

Here Is The Most Recent Report from CCBH

Here I post the map that shows zip codes. I have also attached the entire PDF from this past Friday. No further comments at this time.

CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.23.2020 2.jpg
CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.23.2020 2.jpg (284.82 KiB) Viewed 10196 times
Attachments
CCBH-COVID19-Epi-Brief_10.23.2020.pdf
(607.21 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm

New "Pro-Covid-19" -- Fake Newspaper.

As a Lakewood resident you may have received a copy of the "West Shore Press" -- another fake "newspaper".

This may be a pre-election stunt, however, its reporting content is both erroneous, deceiving, and pretty dangerous when it comes to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Quoting from its front-page story:

"[...] the major crisis seems to be over as Cuyahoga County has dramatically dropped the number of cases and deaths over the month[...]"

"Deaths from positive Covid-19 cases are a fraction of what they were in April and May."

The opinion article on page 2 is also ill-informed, erroneous, and dismissive of healthcare risks associated with Covid-19. Dangerously so!

Please take a close look at what you have received. This is on the "sicker" side of things.

The message is to normalize Covid-19. One of the sickest things that I've ever received at home.

Messaging take away: --Don't worry, be happy -- isn't it about to time to relax and kiss Covid-19 on the lips.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Does anybody admit puttingj it out?
Fake newspapers were a Fitzy stunt but hard to belies him buying into this. Maybe certain restauranteurs?

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

That piece of fish wrap was put out by Tony George, the homophobic, science denying, vexatious litigating owner of the Harry Buffalo and various other NEO restaurants, including the infamous Town Hall.

George sued the State if Ohio over pandemic restrictions that closed bars and restaurants because he hated having no money coming in.

He and his son at Town Hall give zero füx about anyone but themselves and money.

Town Hall was the subject of a wild Facebook “fight” after servers became infected with Covid but were told to continue working and “keep quiet.” The Georges claim Covid is “no big deal” and the pandemic is media hype. The bulk of the comments were negative towards the Georges with most saying they will never patronize a George property.

I could go on about how despicable Tony George is but it’s all online - just google him for a gander at a self-centered, sorry excuse for a human.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”