Trumpsters Invade Lakewood's DowntowN

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Trumpsters Invade Lakewood's DowntowN

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:10 pm

This afternoon I started to get phone calls about a parade of pick-up trucks with large Trump signs driving quickly through the neighborhoods. "There is some strange Trump parade," said one. "Bunch of Trumpers slowing traffic in DowntowN," said another.

Then the first photo came in...

They had parked their trucks and took the the streets waving their big flags.

Meanwhile, a gentleman had joined them with an alternative view. A view that 65-80% of America and Lakewood agree with.

I had a chance to speak with the three in this photo. I have to say all were polite. The man trying to express reason, was one of the nicest most polite people I have ever met at a protest/rally.

Just remember VOTE, and get your damn Census IN!

peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Re: Trumpsters Invade Lakewood's DowntowN

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:39 pm

How many from Lakewood?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:How many from Lakewood?

I heard they bus people in for his rallies.

And how many? From what I see it’s about 7 people.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Was Steve there?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:10 pm

More photos being sent in by people that witnessed the whole thing!

On the North side of Detroit...

Harmless? Infamous Cats For Trump people in attendance.

Hang on folks, it will be a wild ride.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:07 pm

At least "they" (who is they?) feel that Lakewood is receptive to alternative candidacies

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Stan Austin wrote:At least "they" (who is they?) feel that Lakewood is receptive to alternative candidacies

...and someone brought a small child, which surprises me considering their propensity to use language and physical violence.

"Alternative"? The guy is an incumbent with - very concernedly - the same outside chance at winning he had last time, despite all the revelations of the past couple of weeks. His supporters just don't care.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:
Stan Austin wrote:At least "they" (who is they?) feel that Lakewood is receptive to alternative candidacies

...and someone brought a small child, which surprises me considering their propensity to use language and physical violence.

"Alternative"? The guy is an incumbent with - very concernedly - the same outside chance at winning he had last time, despite all the revelations of the past couple of weeks. His supporters just don't care.

Dan

I figure the cats and the kids are getting ballots this year. Hell, if he is begging people to vote twice, you know they are hooking the pets and babies up.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:

Dan

I figure the cats and the kids are getting ballots this year. Hell, if he is begging people to vote twice, you know they are hooking the pets and babies up.

As we've discussed, I never did trust cats. I should've brought my greyhounds up there (if I knew about it). :evil:

When all the stuff was coming out about Trump disparaging the military, Woodward's book and Cohen's book, I was feeling pretty good. They were relatively quiet for a couple of weeks, but it seems like thet're back like nothing happened.

Any Trump sign sightings in Lakewood?

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 pm

I have seen a few. Actually, I respect those who are displaying a sign more than those who will skulk like a rat and talk a polite game in public and then vote for Trump privately.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:10 am

Stan Austin wrote:I have seen a few. Actually, I respect those who are displaying a sign more than those who will skulk like a rat and talk a polite game in public and then vote for Trump privately.

Agree, but prefer a rational conversation which is a rare bird with those folks.

ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am

people have the right to assemble.
But if they are screwing up traffic when I have to go somewhere...I immediately reject their cause.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:50 am

ryan costa wrote:people have the right to assemble.
But if they are screwing up traffic when I have to go somewhere...I immediately reject their cause.

Ryan

This is why I went. I heard they were causing a commotion. Beeping horns in a parade of sorts through the city streets. Then I heard they were out by the Root Cafe.

I drove down, and found some very polite people.

Was I surprised, after hearing what I had heard, and witnessed, I was pleasantly surprised.

AS we have underlined for over a decade on the Deck, conversations can move all of us along. This petty bickering of one or two jabs on FB and all the community sites, childish, egomaniacs, that I suspect knowing many, have an extremely lonely life, which explains the massive flood of narcissism and loathing which is the power behind FB. That and a long history of not having to be responsible for what is being blurted out ala turrets syndrome.

This was not the norm, but if you look at the discussion of the Deck FB, you will witness the over the top discussions of those people.

FWIW

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:00 am

one day I was working at the Celebrezze Federal Building. I got off work about 6:00PM.
There were about a dozen people outside the building protesting for the legalization of hemp.
I did not have the heart to tell them the building was empty, and nobody who makes decisions on this issue actually works there.
Then I started laughing at them.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:44 am

ryan costa wrote:one day I was working at the Celebrezze Federal Building. I got off work about 6:00PM.
There were about a dozen people outside the building protesting for the legalization of hemp.
I did not have the heart to tell them the building was empty, and nobody who makes decisions on this issue actually works there.
Then I started laughing at them.

Ryan

Silly you!

I would have guessed 6 pm, it was more about the warm afternoon sun, and the optics of the photos to follow.

Protesters always photograph better in the afternoon sun.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”