COVID By The Numbers - Are We Throwing It All Away

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

COVID By The Numbers - Are We Throwing It All Away

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Today Salt, one of Lakewood's finest restaurants called "No Mas" and closed immediately after the crew and patrons were exposed to COVID-19. 7 other restaurants have been effected, and all restaurant owners live on a razor's edge of fear for closing for COVID-19, or closing for going broke.

By opening our restaurants and bars, and placing the burden both financial and liability on them, the state and city will bankrupt these businesses that at one time were members of the community. In a rush to re-open, both locally and nationally we are seeing tragic fail after tragic fail. I would love to hear how any of this has worked out for anyone by the government.

Also, you all suck at trying to nip this in the bud. I loved you when we drove it down together, now you are looking like that cousin you really hope isn't part of the family.

Please get your shit together. The sooner and the better we do this the sooner we can get back to just wearing masks once in a awhile throughout the day.

Today's Report Card

State of Ohio

911,905 -
Total People Tested

61,331 - Total Cases, 1,277 New Cases, 21-Day Average is 846 and climbing
3,006 - Total Deaths, 21 New Deaths, 21-Day Average is 18 and climbing

8,570 - Number of Hospitalizations, 106 New Cases, 21-Day Average is 68 and rising
2,146 - Number of ICU Admissions, 26 New Cases, 21-Day Average is 16 and climbing

United States

39,736,933 -
Total Tested

3,187,999 -
Total Cases, ↑ 29,067 (0.92%)
1,645,428 - Active Cases
1,407,229 - Recovered

135,342 - Total Deaths, ↑ 480 (0.36%)
15,432 - Number of ICU Admissions

Remember you Facebook part time epidemiologists. Well they were wrong about this being like the yearly flu, and it will be worse than the Spanish Flu at this rate.

300,000 dead by New Year's?

282,000 - Total Deaths in Vietnam
214,938 - Total military deaths North and South in Civil War

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”