Good Work America - Good Work Lakewood

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Good Work America - Good Work Lakewood

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 am

Well today the CDC announced we are back at highest levels since this pandemic started. A lot of you thought, "we can lick this!" while others saw our friends and neighbors and realized, this was never going to happen. Well we are entering our darkest days in America. 300,00 dead acceptable loses as long as we can drink!

The early numbers were mostly in NYC/Tri State Area, California and a rest home in Seattle. Today in all 50 states including some states that do not have 100 ventilators or emergency beds in the entire state have maxed out. Now we push ahead with reopenings that make no sense, unless you are looking for higher death figures. The president assured us no more than 15, then 30,000, then 50,000 and 100,000 and now 150,000 will all be acceptable numbers. Like so many of his followers that are now vocal about masks,"this kills less than the flu and obesity. Well we are past those numbers now, and headed toward 300,000+ deaths.

Today at the gas pump, two young men in a red shit box pick up truck left running while they went in to pay cash, were complaining about "the power brokers are just trying to make us slaves with wearing masks..." Like the power brokers and Bill Gates care about your sorry ass lives! Average thought of those without a mask, 300,000 dead, at best I might know 2 of them, who cares.

In February I said this gets bad. At the end of March I was wondering aloud, why are we singing on porches and lighting them up after only 3 days of a suggested never enforced shutdown? Why are Lakewoodites acting like Italians at the height of their pandemic? Oh I get it, they all think it is a game. I went to the stores and watch people stock up on one-three days of perishable food for the first shutdown. No sense of the concept of long term, or what a true shutdown and or hardship is.

Now here we are about two weeks from another mandatory shutdown in Cuyahoga County. While the very people you would never let drive a car you are in making demands on elected officials to chose $$$$ over lives. Hell right her in Lakewood City Council has repeatedly shown they care far more for those coming into the city to party, then they have ever cared about the people that vote for them. Of course this has been a regular feature of council where they have decided they are developers not politicians with fiduciary and security issues they agreed and took and oath to us the residents, not the businesses. But sadly we have learned their oath mean little to nothing when it comes to the residents.

All health officials said, had they worked earlier and gotten more draconian in the first shut down tens of thousands of lives could be saved. That constant drumbeat from professionals should be ringing in their ears, but alas all they hear is the clink of glasses, the pop of a top, and the occasional burp filled with COVID-19 from the visitor who does not care about anything other than themselves.

Welcome to Lakewood 2020.

America you are not allowed into most countries, and for that matter most public parks.

Could we put the Margarita down, grab a mask and get serious?

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Re: Good Work America - Good Work Lakewood

Postby Mark Kindt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 am

Along with Mr. O'Bryan, I encourage each of you to communicate with our local elected and appointed officials to demand restrictions and limitations that will protect the residents of Lakewood from the serious health risks stemming from Covid-19.

Mr. O'Bryan is serious and he is correct. I completely agree with him.

About a tenth of the population of Lakewood--5,000--residents fall into classes that are uninsured or likely vulnerable to this pandemic.

The confidential 2018 Healthcare analytics established this and went to just about all civic leaders. It's called the "90-day Connectivity" study.

The City of Lakewood should adopt policies that are more restrictive than existing State of Ohio orders in the interest of protecting the health and safety of the public.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”