Peace, Love, Respect, Rebellion And Protests Come To Lakewood - Thank You Protesters

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Re: Peace, Love, Respect, Rebellion And Protests Come To Lakewood - Thank You Protesters

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 am

Kate McCarthy wrote:

Everyone I know that attended the protest in Cleveland said Cleveland Police instigated much of the rioting by randomly firing into a peaceful crowd. Lakewood Police approached this is a thoughtful way.

Things I've heard from other places around the country is that the unrest/rioting/looting was more due to forces outside the core group of protesters (ie BLM). I saw one video clip of a man dressed in black bashing in store windows, and the actual protesters claiming he was with the police. Another video shows police loading bricks in a truck. Around the country, lots of city officials claimed the bad guys came from out of town, but I'm not so sure about that. There are plenty of bad guys on the other side of their towns, and yes, even in the ranks of the police - a very small minority I'm sure/I hope. When things settle down, I trust investigations will get to the bottom of white supremacist presence in society.

In Lakewood, a well trained police force, combined with what seemed to be a last minute change of plans, and a relatively late hour contributed to the good feeling of the protest. Everybody in town that night cast Lakewood in the best possible light.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
ryan costa

Re: Peace, Love, Respect, Rebellion And Protests Come To Lakewood - Thank You Protesters

Postby ryan costa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 am

I have been studying law enforcement.
In this episode of Hamish Macbeth, some bad people from out of town show up.
the Townsfolk work with the police to eliminate the bad people from out of town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTugoLMcqW0

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:36 am

ryan costa wrote:I have been studying law enforcement.
In this episode of Hamish Macbeth, some bad people from out of town show up.
the Townsfolk work with the police to eliminate the bad people from out of town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTugoLMcqW0

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 am

Richard Baker wrote:Wow, all 150 to 200 hundred of them in a city of 55,000!

I guess it was important, as you posted it twice.

I am missing the point.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”