Tom Bullock John Litten Dan O’Malley

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bridget Conant

Tom Bullock John Litten Dan O’Malley

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:41 am

These current council members were on council when the “deal” to close a Lakewood Hospital was made.

To close those services, to tear down the building, to transfer city money to private foundations, to choose a particular developer connected to former mayor Ed Fitzgerald, to sell the land to said developer for $1.00.

Bullock and Litten were huge cheerleaders for this plan, Bullock going so far as to attack people expressing other views.

So, as “public servants,” I would like each of you to explain this mess you got us in. You greased the wheels for this project, you spoke to residents pushing this project, you gave interviews.

You saw the documents, you sat in on the meetings, You were involved in email chains.

Not once, once, did you have any clue that this might not be a good idea for Lakewood?

You each owe each and every person in Lakewood an explanation.

I doubt any of you will have the balls yo respond so I hope, and I urge, each one of your constituents to contact you and ask these same questions.

You owe us answers.

And don’t pull the Trump move and blame the pandemic, or the economy, or Meghan George. We all know this plan was in trouble long before

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Tom Bullock John Litten Dan O’Malley

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:09 am

Bridget Conant wrote:
Bullock and Litten were huge cheerleaders for this plan, Bullock going so far as to attack people expressing other views.

So, as “public servants,” I would like each of you to explain this mess you got us in. You greased the wheels for this project, you spoke to residents pushing this project, you gave interviews.

You saw the documents, you sat in on the meetings, You were involved in email chains.

Bridget

You sell Litten and Bullock short. Not only were they on in the Council Meetings, they were involved in the LHA meetings. Councilman Litten was on LHA before he ever sat on Council. So both had knowledge of the deal potentiality all the way back to 2010. Five years of silence, before someone else broke the story and told the truth. ^ months of calling other "liars, the hospital was not closing." Bullock went over the top taking on seniors that were merely asking questions. Meanwhile like in the "Caine Mutiny" over in the corner sitting silently is Councilman Litten. He never mentioned he was working hard to close Lakewood Hospital to any of his constituents. Today, ask and he just smiles and says it is time to move on.

FitzGerald and Summers could have never pulled this off without the help of others. Some for friendship, some because they are not that smart. But these two, more than anyone else outside of Madigan, FitzGerald and Summers were in on it from the very beginning. They also took an oath the be our fiscal agents, an oath they broke everyday for 5 years.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 am

Bridget Conant wrote:So, as “public servants,” I would like each of you to explain this mess you got us in. You greased the wheels for this project, you spoke to residents pushing this project, you gave interviews.

Not once, once, did you have any clue that this might not be a good idea for Lakewood?

You each owe each and every person in Lakewood an explanation.

Don't hold your breath. They never explained the economic reasoning behind their decisions. Whenever they tried to offer some explanation those explanations were either out right lies or careful obfuscations.

The so called plans presented to council and to the public were just artists illustrations that had no basis in fact and were as real as those illustrations of colonies on Mars that you see in science fiction magazines.

Dan OMalley

Postby Dan OMalley » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:28 am

Bridget Conant wrote:CRICKETS

Eunuchs.

Bridget,

I hope you'll agree that a couple hours is not an unreasonable amount of time to see and respond to your post. Secondly, you're incorrect about when I joined city council, but I understand your larger points here.

There are some misunderstandings about what has happened, and the impact it has on the city and the project. My perspective on this project from the beginning was that we had an empty building on a large piece of public property in the middle of downtown and we had to figure out what to do with it. By this time, the hospital was long-closed, and legally and practically would never re-open.

The city solicited proposals from multiple developers, and after narrowing the list to two, Carnegie was ultimately recommended to council for selection. As you might imagine, I had concerns, many of which I publicly expressed. But I voted to approve the development agreement because I believed at the time it was our best option for developing the site.

For reasons that we will all ascertain in time, the deal between the city and Carnegie ultimately faltered, and the developer has now backed out of the agreement. As the mayor stated in her letter, those reasons are disputed. It's important to note that the property was not conveyed to them, so it's still in the city's possession. Furthermore, I'm committed to aggressively working to still develop that site in a way we can all be proud of and put taxpayers onto the property. These projects don't always work out the way cities want them to at first; in fact, they commonly don't. It's very disappointing, but it remains worth the effort.

Contact me with any questions, Daniel.OMalley@lakewoodoh.net

Dan O'Malley
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:01 pm

I'm committed to aggressively working to still develop that site in a way we can all be proud of and put taxpayers onto the property.

I hope you are successful.

And I hope THIS TIME, that you all ignore the people in this city that believe because they have money, they are smarter than the rest of us. That secretive shadow group exerted control over this debacle and led us, yet again, into a complete failure, a mess of a situation. But they got what they wanted ($$$$) and some are heading to greener pastures in other counties and leaving us to deal with the HOLE IN THE GROUND.

They deserve to be ostracized. They deserve to be shamed and humiliated.

cmager

Postby cmager » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:55 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:
I'm committed to aggressively working to still develop that site in a way we can all be proud of and put taxpayers onto the property.

I hope you are successful.

And I hope THIS TIME, that you all ignore the people in this city that believe because they have money, they are smarter than the rest of us. That secretive shadow group exerted control over this debacle and led us, yet again, into a complete failure, a mess of a situation. But they got what they wanted ($$$$) and some are heading to greener pastures in other counties and leaving us to deal with the HOLE IN THE GROUND.

Every one of them. Those who move away, those who stay, those who have business and leadership positions in the city, including some of those on 3 Arches. Shame!

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Swallowed, Hook, Line, and Sinker

Carnegie-Letter-to-Council-9.26.2017 1.jpg
Carnegie-Letter-to-Council-9.26.2017 1.jpg (398.48 KiB) Viewed 4835 times

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Here was Carnegie’s “qualification”:

They hired Ed Fitzgerald as a “consultant.”

This was all PLANNED.

This was planned a few years ago.

It was the same little group of little minded people who think they own Lakewood.

Way before they “chose” Carnegie, we all knew they would be picked - do a search here and you’ll see the thread predicting it.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”