State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.03.2020

This will be the archive for the daily COVID-19 Updates and eventually all COVID-19 posts.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.03.2020

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Mike DeWine…

3,312 confirmed cases *
895 people in hospital
288 in ICU
91 Deaths today

* The State of Ohio is lagging far behind in testing, which could be skewing the numbers.
This would be the fourth day they have not made public number of tests performed.

“We are switching over vendors and we are working quickly to change our testing over to a better system:

Today because of testing, our capacity has increased. But even with that capacity, many things are still missing, like swabs to take the test.

Ohio State and Ohio are working on filling holes.

Hole #1 Swabs, liquids and test tubes are needed for the kits! They could be coming in the next few days.

Hole #2 Testing machines have a shortage of chemicals that need to go into the machines to run the test.

Maj, Gen John Harris - Practice good cyber hygiene, “Change passwords, update virus software and be safe.”

Lt. Governor Jon Husted - Federal loans are out for small businesses. These loans can be forgivable, if you keep staff employees, and other things.

For more information - http://coronovirus.ohio.gov/business

If you are looking for a job. http://ccoronovirus.ohio.gov/jobsearch has over 21,000 jobs on it.

Go to [url]http:voteohio.gov[/url] and request your mail-in ballot.

Dr. Amy Acton

1-833-427-5634 State of Ohio COVID-19 Hotline

Zip Code Data - We have to be careful how we interpret the data. A hot spot might not be a hot spot, it could be a hot spot for testing too. Some zip codes in Ohio have less than 100 people in them.

Keep your creativity going!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.03.2020

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Watching Gov. DeWine talking giving all the reasons why we have completely failed on testing makes me wonder. Is he as good as everyone said?

One of the reasons we went into lock down was lack of ability to test. Now weeks later, they are missing all sorts of pieces for this.

Swabs, tubes, and chemicals.

All I heard today was a bunch of reasons, no clear comment on when Ohio would test.

Without testing we are flying blind.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “COVID-19 Archives”