Entering Lakewood's New Reality Together - Opinion

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Entering Lakewood's New Reality Together - Opinion

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 am

Entering Lakewood's New Reality Together

Over the past couple days I have met with a series of civic(business) and city leaders, all are working together on plans for how to best work together and what to do with Federal and State funds that will be coming.

All agree that Federal checks for $????? will be sent out to everyone. This has been spoken about on every news agency you watch. From what I have seen, they will be immediate, well, within 3-4 weeks, the checks could start to arrive. At that point the Federal and State Governments should have a better understanding of who needs what help, and will then address the situation. Mortgage and rent relief which needs to happen at the same time is also in the works.

The banking institutions are at the table, and looking at ways to inject funds into-- and this is where it gets tough--failing and needed businesses. This would explain why Boeing is being bailed out. There will be winners and losers in this, as it will all need to be shared, including chances to apply. It will be done in stages, so that the impact and needs can be assessed nearly daily.

The honest fact, as the mainstream is finally saying, is that our lives have changed, but hopefully not our moral compass. We will get through this together, as a community, as a family and as respectful Americans. Also know that City Hall and some very solid business leaders are making sure Lakewood is not left behind.

Please stay in. Please be smart, be safe, and watch out for others.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”