Don't Panic, Don't Be Stupid, Listen To Professionals

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Don't Panic, Don't Be Stupid, Listen To Professionals

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:30 am

OPINION

Start listening to professionals not pundits or social media BS.

Since this event started I have watched other countries, and international businesses to observe what we should expect.

Based on the fact that the USA was slowest response outside of the UK to testing, let's look to other open democratic societies for what is coming next.
For the record USA still has no real plan for testing we can look at what has happened. Dr, Fauci of the CD said today in interview "we are hoping to get tests out soon."

In Italy where they doubted the virus, the country is now closed to everything but grocery, and hospitals. If you are found on the street for anything but food or health, you are tested for a fever. If no fever you are find about $100 US and sent on your way. If you have a fever you are pulled off the streets and put in a quarantined area.

France is now following the Italian lead and getting ready to shut down the entire country.

The UK which has a Donald Trump like leader and approach, blew it off. This past week a small F1 team from Milton Keyenes flew to Austrailia for the race getting there three members were tested for COVID-19, one had it, now 14 have it. This was the Milton Keyens tends to be in the middle of the country. I would think it is about to be shut down.

And now from Washington DC and a friend in healthcare. "Expect national shut down within the coming week." was his comment.

So do not panic, that solves nothing. But get prepared, stay safe and be smart.

Social distancing of 7' is the key to killing this thing and getting back to normal life.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
pj bennett

Re: Don't Panic, Don't Be Stupid, Listen To Professionals

Postby pj bennett » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:50 am

At the risk of sounding like a pundit, I'm wondering why no one is making mention of boosting one's immune system as a preventive measure against the coronavirus, flu, etc.?

(Dealing with bronchial asthma for over 40 years, I have a daily routine to keep inflammation down in my respiratory system as much as possible.)

The other day, I was surprised to hear a Cleveland Clinic doctor state on television, that Vitamin C would be of no help in dealing with coronavirus.

Really? I wondered, how she could be so sure, that Vit C is useless? Has research already been performed?

(I am not touting Vit C. Rather, I'm just surprised, that someone could be so dismissive of it.)

There are multiple things that one can do to give their immune system a boost.
Washing hands is good for the outside of the body. Wouldn't the inside benefit from a cleaner environment?

(This is just my humble opinion. Always check with your health care provider before doing anything.)

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Don't Panic, Don't Be Stupid, Listen To Professionals

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pm

pj bennett wrote:At the risk of sounding like a pundit, I'm wondering why no one is making mention of boosting one's immune system as a preventive measure against the coronavirus, flu, etc.?

(Dealing with bronchial asthma for over 40 years, I have a daily routine to keep inflammation down in my respiratory system as much as possible.)

The other day, I was surprised to hear a Cleveland Clinic doctor state on television, that Vitamin C would be of no help in dealing with coronavirus.

Really? I wondered, how she could be so sure, that Vit C is useless? Has research already been performed?

(I am not touting Vit C. Rather, I'm just surprised, that someone could be so dismissive of it.)

There are multiple things that one can do to give their immune system a boost.
Washing hands is good for the outside of the body. Wouldn't the inside benefit from a cleaner environment?

(This is just my humble opinion. Always check with your health care provider before doing anything.)

PJ

You are right on one hand they know very little about this strain.

At the same time, governments have a pretty solid background on strains of corna type viruses.

They have all played with them in the various labs looking at everything from curing cancer to deadly weapons.

If you look at "serious professionals" from WHO, or other, you can see the fear in their faces. I have not seen this since Ebola.

Something happening here, we shall see.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”