Over $1,100 In Great Lakewood Food Awarded - More To Go!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Over $1,100 In Great Lakewood Food Awarded - More To Go!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:44 am

This year the Lakewood Observer, with the help of our advertisers, have given back to the community almost $2,000 in prizes, though we prefer to think of it as thank yous. This was done for a variety of reasons including holiday decorations, being nominated as a hero, various photo and story submissions, or simply because someone felt the other person deserved a free meal, some clothing, swag or what have you. We would like to thank our advertisers and partners who are dedicated to not only keeping local community journalism alive and well in Lakewood, but who also, like every member of the Lakewood Observer, believe we need to have some fun and enjoyment along the way.

This time around it was: Rood, Woodstock BBQ, Melt, West End, India Garden and the Root Cafe who provided the awards, err, the thank you for Holiday Decorations-- something I think we can all agree, make the city brighter and much more fun to walk around in! Thank you to all of them, and everyone who took the time to decorate or nominate decorations.

Here are the top three vote receivers celebrating!

We have now made two attempts at delivering prizes to all winners. PLEASE contact the LO Office to let us know how and when we can deliver your prize. If you nominated anyone PLEASE check your email, only one of four prizes to those nominating have been claimed!

Any prize not claimed by March 1st will be rolled over into the next event, contest, meeting whatever.

Thank you all, party on!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”