Carjacking in Lakewood

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Amy Martin

Carjacking in Lakewood

Postby Amy Martin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I'm wondering why we're only hearing about this almost 2 weeks after it happened:

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2019/12 ... -says.html

The incident in Lakewood happened about 9:15 p.m. This wasn't even mentioned in the Lakewood Police Blotter which appears every week in Cleveland.com

I can't help but wonder if this is a direct attempt to minimize/keep under wraps serious crimes which may be happening in Lakewood. 3 days after the carjacking incident, I had to call the Lakewood Police when I was followed up my driveway by an unknown male in a hoodie at 8:45 p.m. I ran into the house and we called the police, who arrived about 15 minutes later. The Officer was very nice and did a perimeter check around the property. I only wish I would have known about the prior incident on Detroit ( I live right off of Detroit). I would have definitely taken some precautions had I known about the carjacking that occurred a few days prior.

Are the City Planners and Developers worried that the wealthy folks they hope to attract with their "Market Rate" apartments might have second thoughts about moving to Lakewood if crimes in the City are covered by the media?

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”