What Does A Vote In Lakewood Cost?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Richard Baker

Re: What Does A Vote In Lakewood Cost?

Postby Richard Baker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am

[quote="

***********************"
Dear Richard Baker,. I wish for you six months as a business woman with the standard set of males around! Good Luck. ***Your statement directly below this*** ( am doing this by phone and cannot fix the placement of this comment) shows that you are unaware of the backlash against women in recent years. Society is back to questioning women's rights and blaming the working woman for all sorts of problems from children's issues and struggles to the moral fiber or deterioration they see around them.

That said, the Summer's administration has been condescending over the years to anyone who speaks to them and differs with their agenda. Both Mary Louise Madigan and Sam O'Leary have been champs in this arena and the rest - Bullock, Marx, Litten, Anderson etc joined right in. Summers and Butler make an art form out of condescension.

Meghan George will find her way, be impactful and Lakewood's future looks better and better the more of the Fitzgerald/Summers that are replaced with respectful officials. Again, my comments refer to your statements directly below.
Richard Baker:
In my many years in business and the women I’ve met wouldn’t tolerate condescending behavior from anyone. The discussion was not how in businesswomen are respected since women, who own 40 percent of US businesses, but a response to a comment about the members of the council and mayor being condescending to Mayor-elect George as a reason as being an ineffective member of the city council.

I believe someone mentioned that all the new council members were subjected to the same treatment by the tenured members and mayor. If that’s true, the residents of this city are voting in the wrong people to represent them.

My statement still stands, unless the Mayor-elect George, regardless of her sex, stands on her feet and states she will not tolerate that behavior from anyone even if it's confrontational, she will not earn the respect she will require to make meaningful changes.

][/quote]

Dan Alaimo

Re: What Does A Vote In Lakewood Cost?

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 pm

I know the quote function is difficult to use, ESPECIALLY on a cellphone, but I wish more people would learn how use it. It's not that hard.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”