Jennifer Pae to run for Meghan George's open council seat

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Matthew Lee

Jennifer Pae to run for Meghan George's open council seat

Postby Matthew Lee » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 am

Just heard on NPR (WCPN) this AM that Jennifer Pae is going to resign as Finance Director and run for Meghan George's open seat. No link as it was on the radio at the end of an interview between Mike McIntyre and Meghan George.

Bridget Conant

Re: Jennifer Pae to run for Meghan George's open council seat

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:40 am

Matthew Lee wrote:Just heard on NPR (WCPN) this AM that Jennifer Pae is going to resign as Finance Director and run for Meghan George's open seat. No link as it was on the radio at the end of an interview between Mike McIntyre and Meghan George.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am

When you say "run", what does that mean? Will there be another election, or is this an internal appointment (Summers' preferred MO)

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 am

The open seat will be an appointment.

I hope council sees that the election was a sweep out of anyone connected to the hospital debacle. Nowlin, Marx, O’Leary are gone and Bullock barely survived - he’s a nothing burger now.

Pae is extremely divisive. She was the admins mouthpiece for the Clinic deal.

Plus, she’s alienated about half the city with her Facebook antics “no, it’s my personal page!” and the constant deleting and banning posters she disagrees with.

Now if THAT ain’t a reason to stay away from her, I don’t know what is!

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 am

Man, if I were a resident of ward 1 and voted for Meghan to win a seat on council (in order to rid the city of Summer's motley crew) only to have someone like Jenn Pae appointed to Megan's seat, I would be furious!

Pae is obviously NOT what the people of ward 1 wanted for their council seat. If fact, it's the exact opposite of the type of person they wanted for their council seat!

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:27 am

Cameron

She’s applying for the At Large position

Strategically, it would have been better for Team Summers to have gotten O’Leary elected mayor, then appoint her to his Ward 2, but that’s didn’t happen. :lol:

Pae would have great difficulty winning re-election city wide. As I’ve stated, she’s alienated a lot of residents with her rabid defense of the CLE Clinic deal, and her antics on Facebook. We’ve already seen how affiliation with the hospital issue has been a death kiss.

Ward 1, Clifton Park, she might’ve had a chance. But certainly not citywide.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Could be that she's a stalking horse for Sam. Given a choice between the two, I'd take Sam. It's llike they asked themselves, who could we get that the most people despise? Better that they find a truly neutral person with a unifying track record. They exist and I identified two in another thread.

The voices here are not representative of the depth and width of resentment against Pae. You have to read the other Lakewood FB pages to appreciate that.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”