Oh My! O'Leary! Lookie Here, Here, Here.......

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

Oh My! O'Leary! Lookie Here, Here, Here.......

Postby Brian Essi » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 pm

I made a post yesterday and suggested a new public records lawsuit may be necessary to compel Mr. O'Leary to produce public records of his claim he somehow brought a $100M investment in Lakewood. O'Leary had delayed answering for 17 days because can't defend his ridiculous claim. Yesterday's post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25491

Less that 7 hours after my post, I received the following email stating that O'Leary has "NO WAY OF KNOWING" of the public records that support his claims.

Note: the email had several links referred to as "here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here."

These links show a net divestment from Lakewood of about $90M under O'Leary's reign --I'm not sure why Attorney O'Leary had his fellow lawyer have compounded a false statement that violates securities laws with additional false claims.

Subject: RE: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood
Date: October 28, 2019 at 6:34:21 PM EDT
To: Brian Essi <bjessi@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "Sam O'Leary" <Sam.OLeary@lakewoodoh.net>, Jeannine Petrus <Jeannine.Petrus@lakewoodoh.net>

Mr. Essi:

I’m responding using the email address from which you sent this request, rather than the email address to which you asked that responses be directed.

Please note that we believe these requests are improper because they do not properly identify the records sought. Hicks v. Newtown, Ct. of Cl. No. 2017-Ohio-00612-PQ, 2017-Ohio-8952, ¶ 8 (“A request to search for information ‘regarding,’ or ‘relating’ to, a topic is generally improper”); Gannett GP Media, Inc. v. Ohio Dept. of Pub. Safety, Ct. of Cl. No. 2017-00051-PQ, 2017-Ohio-4247. We have no way of knowing whether a record relates to $100 million of investment in Lakewood in your estimation, and thus no way of knowing whether our response would be fully responsive to your request. Lakewood does not keep its records organized in such a manner as to allow for a successful search based on the overly broad terms provided. Fulfillment of your request would require our office to scrutinize and analyze every record for any records containing information responsive to your request.

However, in good faith and with diligence we searched for records that may be responsive to your three requests. The documents linked here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, are records we’re aware of that would appear to be responsive to these requests. Included are pieces of legislation supported by Council President O’Leary that have resulted in investment in downtown Lakewood and Madison Avenue as well as Lakewood overall. Additionally, appropriations ordinances under annual budgets supported by Mr. O’Leary since he began his council term, which budgets may be found under the “budgets” drop-down list here, are evidence of his role in supporting such investment and investment citywide.

I am happy to work with you and Council President O’Leary to narrow the scope of the request or attempt to locate any additional records, although I do not presume to suggest any additional records exist. Feel free to call or write if you’d like to continue to discuss this request. Otherwise, this completes our response.

Jeannine, please update the request log. Thanks.
Best wishes,

Kevin M. Butler, Director of Law
City of Lakewood | Law Department
(216) 529-6034
kevin.butler@lakewoodoh.net

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 12:01 PM
To: Brian Essi <bjessi@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Sam O'Leary <Sam.OLeary@lakewoodoh.net>
Subject: RE: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood

Council President O’Leary forwarded the below records request. We received the request and will respond within a reasonable period of time.

Best wishes,

Kevin M. Butler, Director of Law
City of Lakewood | Law Department
(216) 529-6034
kevin.butler@lakewoodoh.net

To: "Sam O'Leary" <Sam.OLeary@lakewoodoh.net>
Subject: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood

CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders.

Dear Mr. O’Leary,

This communication serves as a public records request. Please provide the records responsive to each request to bjess@sbcglobal.net in an electronic medium (i.e. WORD, PDF, XLS, etc.) and at no cost.

For your reference, please see attached the campaign mailer that I received at my Lakewood home this week on October 10, 2019 and the web link to your “About Sam” page associated with your political campaign for mayor of Lakewood.

PRR-SO 11 Please provide all public records of the “over $100 million in investments to our city” the you claim you in the attached mailer “brought” to Lakewood.

PRR-SO 12 Please provide all public records of the legislation that claim as a “legislative accomplishment” that “Fostered over $100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as claimed in your “About Sam” web page.

PRR-SO 13 Please provide all public records of the “...$100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as referenced in your “About Sam” web page attached hereto.

Sincerely

Brian J. Essi
216 346 3434

David Anderson has no legitimate answers

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”