Schizophrenic piece of lit?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Stan Austin
Contributor

Schizophrenic piece of lit?

Postby Stan Austin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:28 pm

I am now looking at a mailer I received today. One side is the Ohio Democratic Party with good criticisms of Ohio Republicans.

The other side promotes the candidacy of a candidate for Lakewood Mayor.

Did the printer make a mistake? At what point in time and at whose request did the State Party become involved in our election?

At a time when we are all trying to come together for 2020 can we trust this "sell out Lakewood" from the State Party?

Stan Austin

Dan Alaimo

Re: Schizophrenic piece of lit?

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Stan Austin wrote:I am now looking at a mailer I received today. One side is the Ohio Democratic Party with good criticisms of Ohio Republicans.

Did the printer make a mistake? At what point in time and at whose request did the State Party become involved in our election?

At a time when we are all trying to come together for 2020 can we trust this "sell out Lakewood" from the State Party?

Stan Austin

Please remind me. Who did the state party run for governor a few years back? Apparently they've learned nothing. (And I haven't seen the lit yet, but I can imagine.)

Maybe Richard Baker deserves more respect for his antipathy towards Dems.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:Please remind me. Who did the state party run for governor a few years back?

The answer can be found in this photo.

[img]
OLearyAndPals.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
OLearyAndPals.jpg
OLearyAndPals.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 5465 times

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Michael Deneen wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:Please remind me. Who did the state party run for governor a few years back?

The answer can be found in this photo.

[img]
OLearyAndPals.jpg
[/img]

TRUTH

If you like having your candidate aligned with, and beholden to a corrupt, failed group of losers, then Sam is your man

I’m going with the future - a woman who will lead Lakewood into a new area of transparency and accountability.

MEGHAN GEORGE

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:I’m going with the future - a woman who will lead Lakewood into a new area of transparency and accountability.

MEGHAN GEORGE

I wonder if expectations for Meghan aren't a bit over the top. I fully expect that she isn't Ed FitzGerald, Mike Summers or Sam O'Leary. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed. Beyond that, we'lll see, but I hope for the best.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:
Bridget Conant wrote:I’m going with the future - a woman who will lead Lakewood into a new area of transparency and accountability.

MEGHAN GEORGE

I wonder if expectations for Meghan aren't a bit over the top. I fully expect that she isn't Ed FitzGerald, Mike Summers or Sam O'Leary. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed. Beyond that, we'lll see, but I hope for the best.

Dan

Lakewood's single biggest issue is transparency. I served on aboard with Meghan, she started or joined with me anytime we felt there was a lack of transparency in both the board we were on, or the group we were overseeing.

On council she has nearly single handled stopped abuse of executive sessions, and secret plans.

I see no reason why any of that would change.

If one wants to compare father and daughter, both were transparent, both ran when the city was in a civil ware, and Tom brought peace to the land, through appeasement of the very people that have started each of he 3 civil wars.

I was friends with her father, I really only know Meghan through the LCA Board, she has much better critical thought than Tom, also seems to have a better sense of how to run an office and business.

As for Sam, Sam needs to mature, and find his own footing. If he was really the person he used to claim to be, he would see that, and know being much younger and less experienced than Meghan in virtually every aspect of life and work, eight years of seasoning and learning could see him getting back on Council by 2029.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Peter Grossetti

Postby Peter Grossetti » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Stan Austin wrote:I am now looking at a mailer I received today. One side is the Ohio Democratic Party with good criticisms of Ohio Republicans.

Stan Austin

Stan -

"Schizophrenic piece of lit?"

I see what you did there! :wink:

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:05 am

It was important to a lot of politicians outside of Lakewood to move Lakewood Hospital to Lorain County, to donate its cash and investments to private foundations, to transfer its business and fixed assets to the Cleveland Clinic, to transfer land to private companies and to keep the Hospitals financial records sealed.

It's important to those same people to elect Sam O'Leary. Is there a connection?

Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm curious how can a council member criticize the transparency of the City she represented? As a council member, she had every right to ask the administration questions and inform the public except for executive meetings. As a council member, she had every right to introduce a resolution to the council to release sealed documents. Did she, no, so now she is now claiming the city government will be transparent if elected she is elected mayor. Incredible, I believe her as much as I do the 100 percent green power signs by 2025 for city government and the asinine all green by 2035 for all of the city.

Incidentally, "I’m going with the future - a woman" is as sexist, and as someone saying, "I'll only vote for a man." Vote for who you think is the most qualified to be mayor, not on their sex.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Richard Baker wrote:I'm curious how can a council member criticize the transparency of the City she represented? As a council member, she had every right to ask the administration questions and inform the public except for executive meetings. As a council member, she had every right to introduce a resolution to the council to release sealed documents. Did she, no, so now she is now claiming the city government will be transparent if elected she is elected mayor. Incredible, I believe her as much as I do the 100 percent green power signs by 2025 for city government and the asinine all green by 2035 for all of the city.

Incidentally, "I’m going with the future - a woman" is as sexist, and as someone saying, "I'll only vote for a man." Vote for who you think is the most qualified to be mayor, not on their sex.

Richard

She has, more than nearly any other person on council. Also, Meghan started the initiative to end the abuse of "executive sessions" rarely used now-a-days, was most of council in the past.

One of the things we educated ourselves very early on here at the Observer. You me, and the other 52,000 all have very different lives and needs. I can't or wouldn't try to tell anyone how to vote. HOWEVER, I am sure you can agree that an elected official that is less than honest, and it can be proven again and again. When that less than honest and accountable elected officials is up to his next in the worst deal in Lakewood's history, and the loss of 1,600+ high paying jobs, and $248 million in assets*. IMHO they do not deserve to remain in office, what along be Mayor in a home rule city, in the state of Ohio, where Mayors are nearly kings.

But hey, with your lifestyle you might like or need less jobs, higher taxes, no hospitals nearby and a bunch of broken promises.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”