O'Leary Employs Taxpayer Resources to Defend Bogus Campaign Claim

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

O'Leary Employs Taxpayer Resources to Defend Bogus Campaign Claim

Postby Brian Essi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:09 pm

So, O'Leary has asked Mr. Butler to back up O'Leary's $100M campaign claim. Huh?

On Friday October 11th, I asked O'Leary for public records backing up his claim he brought & $100M into Lakewood--and made this post: https://www.olearyforlakewood.com/about-sam

It apparently took O'Leary 3 days to realize he has no records to back up his claim so he has now sent the request to Butler at City Hall.

What does Mr. Butler and City Hall know about O'Leary's campaign claims?

Subject: RE: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood
Date: October 14, 2019 at 12:00:57 PM EDT
To: Brian Essi <bjessi@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "Sam O'Leary" <Sam.OLeary@lakewoodoh.net>

Council President O’Leary forwarded the below records request. We received the request and will respond within a reasonable period of time.

Best wishes,

Kevin M. Butler, Director of Law
City of Lakewood | Law Department
(216) 529-6034
kevin.butler@lakewoodoh.net

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25456

To: "Sam O'Leary" <Sam.OLeary@lakewoodoh.net>
Subject: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood

CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders.

Dear Mr. O’Leary,

This communication serves as a public records request. Please provide the records responsive to each request to bjess@sbcglobal.net in an electronic medium (i.e. WORD, PDF, XLS, etc.) and at no cost.

For your reference, please see attached the campaign mailer that I received at my Lakewood home this week on October 10, 2019 and the web link to your “About Sam” page associated with your political campaign for mayor of Lakewood.

PRR-SO 11 Please provide all public records of the “over $100 million in investments to our city” the you claim you in the attached mailer “brought” to Lakewood.

PRR-SO 12 Please provide all public records of the legislation that claim as a “legislative accomplishment” that “Fostered over $100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as claimed in your “About Sam” web page.

PRR-SO 13 Please provide all public records of the “...$100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as referenced in your “About Sam” web page attached hereto.

Sincerely

Brian J. Essi
216 346 3434

Brian Essi wrote:Below are three more public records requests designed to find out the truth of what Mr. O'Leary actually brought to Lakewood.

Subject: Public Records of Alleged $100M Investments in Lakewood
Date: October 11, 2019 at 10:02:01 AM EDT
To: Sam O'Leary <sam.oleary@lakewoodoh.net>

Dear Mr. O’Leary,

This communication serves as a public records request. Please provide the records responsive to each request to bjess@sbcglobal.net in an electronic medium (i.e. WORD, PDF, XLS, etc.) and at no cost.

For your reference, please see attached the campaign mailer that I received at my Lakewood home this week on October 10, 2019 and the web link to your “About Sam” page associated with your political campaign for mayor of Lakewood.

PRR-SO 11 Please provide all public records of the “over $100 million in investments to our city” the you claim you in the attached mailer “brought” to Lakewood.

PRR-SO 12 Please provide all public records of the legislation that claim as a “legislative accomplishment” that “Fostered over $100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as claimed in your “About Sam” web page.

PRR-SO 13 Please provide all public records of the “...$100 million in commercial investments in downtown Lakewood and on Madison Avenue" as referenced in your “About Sam” web page attached hereto.

Sincerely

Brian J. Essi

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Stan Austin
Contributor

Re: O'Leary Employs Taxpayer Resources to Defend Bogus Campaign Claim

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:26 pm

It is totally inappropriate that a public employee be brought in to "support" a claim. So, should O'Leary resign or Butler?Who moves first to avoid being indicted?

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”