Sam, Sam, Sam Caught Lying Again

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Sam, Sam, Sam Caught Lying Again

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

For a very young man who claims he cares about the residents of Lakewood, why does Sam lie to them so often?

Ohhhh I am sorry-- mislead the people he cares about so much.

This was sent to me by fellow Observer Matt Kuhns...

The Lakewood Democratic Club has not endorsed any 2019 candidates yet, and will not vote on possible endorsements until our September 26 meeting.
Lakewood Democratic Rules And Information On Endorsements 2019 here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/media ... 751220.pdf

Lakewood voters have now received multiple mailers claiming that a “Lakewood Democratic Party,” in capital letters, endorses Sam O’Leary for Lakewood mayor. There is no basis for making this claim. (See below)

Lakewood has one formal Democratic organization, the Lakewood Democratic Club. The club’s leadership has been clear in communicating to members and candidates when endorsement voting will take place, and how. (See attached.) The Lakewood Democratic Club is an independent organization, and endorsement votes within the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party do not constitute endorsement by the Club—or by an alleged “Lakewood Democratic Party."

As secretary of the Lakewood Democratic Club, I am providing formal public notice that any claim or suggestion that a 2019 candidate is already endorsed by a formal Lakewood Democrats organization is inaccurate. Any candidate, organization or other entity which has spread such claims should announce a formal correction.

Matt Kuhns
Secretary
Lakewood Democratic Club

Sam, why all the lying? I will admit in a couple areas you have more experience than your opponent: Lying, false affidavits to the court, deep in debt on the good buddy system with the county...

Lakewood we deserve better. We deserve honesty, transparency and accountability.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Michael Deneen

It's possible that he isn't lying, he's only tipping his hand....

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Sam the Sham has a long and distinguished career of lying.
However, I think there is something deeper going on here.

Matt Kuhns posted this piece on the Lakewood Democratic Club Facebook page, where it was quickly deleted.
Club president Erik Meinhardt then ordered Matt to delete all copies....which Matt has refused to do.
I find Meinhardt's behavior troubling.
He is obviously acting on O'Leary's behalf, which leads me to believe that the "endorsement vote" on September 26 will be a sham. (pun intended)

The Lakewood Democratic Club and its members have a history of shenanigans:

*Former President Karolyn Isenhart had future council member Tristan Rader purged from the club in 2016.
*In 2018 disgraced former Council member Cindy Marx arranged for State Rep Mike Skindell to be removed from a party leadership position
*Earlier this year the county party violated its own bylaws in an endorsement of O'Leary (see link)

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-he ... dorsements

Bridget Conant

Re: It's possible that he isn't lying, he's only tipping his hand....

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Michael Deneen wrote:Sam the Sham has a long and distinguished career of lying.
However, I think there is something deeper going on here.

Matt Kuhns posted this piece on the Lakewood Democratic Club Facebook page, where it was quickly deleted.
Club president Erik Meinhardt then ordered Matt to delete all copies....which Matt has refused to do.
I find Meinhardt's behavior troubling.
He is obviously acting on O'Leary's behalf, which leads me to believe that the "endorsement vote" on September 26 will be a sham. (pun intended)

The Lakewood Democratic Club and its members have a history of shenanigans:

*Former President Karolyn Isenhart had future council member Tristan Rader purged from the club in 2016.
*In 2018 disgraced former Council member Cindy Marx arranged for State Rep Mike Skindell to be removed from a party leadership position
*Earlier this year the county party violated its own bylaws in an endorsement of O'Leary (see link)

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-he ... dorsements

Erik Meinhardt vs Matt Kuhns?

Meinhardt is out of his league. :lol: :lol:

Dan Alaimo

Re: Sam, Sam, Sam Caught Lying Again

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm

I'm tempted to comment, "hey, folks, just play by the rules." But that's what this particular election is about - elected officials and representatives skirting the rules.

At one point, the Dem Club had decided not to endorse candidates. At the time, I was against it, but came to see that the club was much better for it. Look where we are now.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 am

[img]
olearypinocchio.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
olearypinocchio.jpg
olearypinocchio.jpg (129.03 KiB) Viewed 4837 times

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

It is all just ridiculous. All the residents of Lakewood are asking for is truth and honesty from the candidates, and honesty and transparency when and if elected. However that is far to much to ask for from the FitzGerald/Summers/O’Leary camp. No the win at all cost which includes, lying, intimidation, vicious attacks from faceless sources and marginalizing anyone that dares to challenge. Hell they run or lie just when asked simple questions. Sam’s supporters, Summers and Fitzgerald got elected based on lies, threats, misinformation and they have taught their heir apparent to follow them.

Let’s be honest it was through a bunch of lies and bullshit from FitzGerald/Summers/O’Leary that cost us not just our healthy future, but also closed the largest employer, sold off 7 prime acres to the ex-mayor and patriarch of the “family” for $1.00, while funneling nearly $70,000,000 to their friends, supporters and donors to control. They did everything and anything to keep all facts truth, and accountability from residents, together.

Lakewood, well residents and businesses of Lakewood all know, we need to reset the entirety of City Hall. We need to bring sanity, along with transparency and accountability to the entire political process in Lakewood. We need all candidates to be open and upfront over who their backers are. To be honest at this point in Lakewood’s history, breaking the FitzGerald/Summers/O’Leary machine from its death grasp on Lakewood is priority number one.

To all the Lakewoodites that have been here from before 2010, remember how nice and pleasant the city was back in those days? Remember when you could openly talk about anything without fear of retribution from the mayor, council members, law directors, finance directors or the thugs they employee to harass those that merely ask question and do not agree. Let’s go back to being the less stressful city in America. Let’s go back to being the city of education and arts. Let’s say no to a handful of people both controlling every aspect of the city but bilking us at every turn. As the LO dedicated itself to from day one, let’s give the power back to the residents.

Big names in Lakewood’s history, actually disgusting black marks in Lakewood’s long history of being happy. West End Strip Mall, DowntowN (strip malls) closing Grant School (strip mall enlargement), and now the liquidation of our biggest and best asset Lakewood Hospital. All done in back rooms and sprung on Lakewood, and all came with tons of bullshit, and very little facts from those that knew and strived to keep it secret. And if you look at the list of who is behind all the bullshit, a small handful of the same names pop out each and every time. It is amazing to think that all of the worst days in Lakewood’s history was the responsibility of 20 people, and their loyal lap dogs.

No matter what, Lakewood cannot afford to lose anymore, we must demand honesty and transparency from all candidates, or simply kick them to the curb and move on.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”