Lakewood Together : Anyone paying the $4/month?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Matthew Lee

Lakewood Together : Anyone paying the $4/month?

Postby Matthew Lee » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:46 pm

I am a big proponent of local media. We actually still subscribe to the Plain Dealer, even though they have cut it down to four days a week for delivery. We also get the NY Times and Wall Street Journal. Definitely a media consumer family.

But, this latest option from the PD really makes no sense. Has anyone seen the information and/or subscribed to the "Lakewood Together" text? Basically, you get a text a day for $1 a week or $4 a month. And it seems to be nothing more than what one can get from being on this board or on FB.

Am I wrong? Is this something really worth the money? I am definitely open to new things but the amount of money they are charging for this seems a bit ridiculous.

Dan Alaimo

Re: Lakewood Together : Anyone paying the $4/month?

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 pm

I got it mainly as "due diligence" while it was free but won't pay it. Now if JOB wants to cover my costs that would be another matter. :wink: A lot of light news, city hall press releases, events, some stuff from council meetings - not worth it.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm

The PD is desperate for revenue.

You won’t get any information you can’t get elsewhere FOR FREE.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 am

Bridget Conant wrote:The PD is desperate for revenue.

You won’t get any information you can’t get elsewhere FOR FREE.

They did have a few exclusives, largely based on PD report previews, some reports on new retailers and the occasional bone that City Hall throws them.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”