Parking Addressed At Lakewood Park

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Parking Addressed At Lakewood Park

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:18 am

Driving down the avenue with a couple friends it all became very clear, the best way for Lakewood's future.

LCA charging $20.00 to park for an event after the City of Lakewood put no parking signs within a 4 block radius and farther.

So, let's think about this. City of Lakewood takes LCA through legal eminent domain, (parks and parking lots) for more green space and parking. This also puts more kids back into Lakewood Schools making them more cost effective and the handful of students left could move to St. Clements thereby filling that structure and saving it from the wrecking ball.

Of course this was first suggested on the Deck in 2006.

Happy And Safe Independence Day.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Parking Addressed At Lakewood Park

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm

cmager wrote:What's with LCA and eminent domain?

Glad you asked.

Nothing. I do not believe in eminent domain, and LCA serves the community in education.

I have learned in Lakewood, very few care to even think about an issue unless you are directly threatened.

So how bad do people want parking at Lakewood Park. Right next to it is a non-profit charter school. City Hall wants parking, well if it was any home in the city off Detroit or Madison, there would be little thought about trying to do it. Right now they are changing designation of property so that to can be grabbed and built on. So why not make the conversation interesting. Problem with 2 easy solutions.

This administration has zero problems with bringing it to the residents, now will they do it for the residents?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”