Lakewood Way Up On Another List!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Lakewood Way Up On Another List!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:52 pm

According to WKYC...

Lakewood among U.S. cities with highest increase in burglary rate over past decade

Lakewood has seen a 47% increase in burglaries since 2008.

See the full story here: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cuyahoga-county/study-lakewood-among-us-cities-with-highest-increase-in-burglary-rate-over-past-decade/95-47be55a8-7f8c-4482-99b0-ca2ba873e9fd

Lakewood needs a full time Safety Director! Time to split the job of Mayor/Safety Director into two jobs.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cmager

Re: Lakewood Way Up On Another List!

Postby cmager » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:Lakewood needs a full time Safety Director! Time to split the job of Mayor/Safety Director into two jobs.

What a shame, though, to then underutilize Summers... he of Republican DINO, Mayor, Safety Director, Healthcare Futurist, Privatizer...

Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm

I would rather have another cop on the beat, rather than a Democrat's typical solution of throwing money into management to gather stats and making reports. I thought my taxes paid for a police chief in Lakewood. I believe it is the police chief's ultimate responsibility to reduce and prevent crime in Lakewood. What is the police department doing with their patrols other than writing tickets or responding after the fact making reports? Do they have an active educational program for educating students on how to prevent burglaries, neighborhood watches, etc?

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

This underscores the utter failure of the Fitzy/Summers Regime.

As some of you may recall, Fitzy rose to power by stoking fear about crime during the mid 2000s. (Remember "Crimewood"??)
Fitzy sold himself as a tough FBI Man who would clean up the town like Matt Dillon.

When he and his minions (Bullock, Summers, etc) grabbed power, they quickly enacted empty dog whistle policies like BSL. This was phony "tough on crime" posturing designed to appease their base.
Once Fitzy took office, "Crimewood" went away and Team Summers stopped talking about crime.

Ten years later, we see that that Team FitzSummers failed miserably.
Not only has the number of garden variety burglaries gone up......but Team Fitzy pulled off the biggest burglary in Lakewood history with the hospital fiasco.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Fitzy sold himself as a tough FBI Man who would clean up the town like Matt Dillon.

Just like he cleaned up the county? Look at it now - Budish is scared $hitless, brings in bully lawman Mason under whose watch the county sunk deeper into the cesspool ..... nothing changed.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”