Brad Presutto, candidate for council, ward 2

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

cameron karslake

Brad Presutto, candidate for council, ward 2

Postby cameron karslake » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:02 am

Got an email invite to walk with him during the July 4th parade...

...anyone know anything about him?

Unfortunately there is no link in the email invite for more info on what he stands for.

He does seem eager to share his "ideas" for the ward, which is good.

Betsy Voinovich

Re: Brad Presutto, candidate for council, ward 2

Postby Betsy Voinovich » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 am

Hi Cameron--

I googled him and got bradpresutto.com which looks like his campaign website. It has some introductory information and some links to articles about him.

Hopefully someone who knows more will post.

Betsy Voinovich

Brad Presutto

Postby Brad Presutto » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:26 am

Hi Betsy and Cameron -

My direct number is 216.288.7045. I’d love to chat in person or over the phone about my positions and goals for Lakewood’s future.

My main city wide issues are improving transparency of city government, to bring back the trust most citizens have lost in it over the past decade or so. The other is to utilize green technology to address our water/sewer issues to make sure we’re not putting the work and financial hardship on the backs of Lakewood’s residents. In order to keep our city affordable, we need to address issues like these to keep our city affordable and economically diverse.

In regards to ward 2 issues, a lot of the residents I talked to want to bring improvements to Kauffman Park, designate St a Charles Green as a park, bring back the Lakewood Circulator, more trees, and a program to help with clearing sidewalks of snow for the elderly and disabled.

I’ve lived in Lakewood almost 15 years. My kids go to Lakewood public schools. While we may not agree on everything, I know my role will be to serve the people of Lakewood and Ward 2. Whether that’s meeting people at their door, town halls, or for a quick coffee, I know my job is to represent the people who voted me into office.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:44 pm

To all my friends on the Deck---Brad Presutto and Laura Rodriguez Carbone are two excellent candidates for Lakewood Council I'll let their campaigns "toot their own horns" but, I have donated to Brad's campaign and I proudly serve as Treasurer for Laura's campaign.
Stan Austin

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:06 pm

And, I'm voting for Meghan George for Mayor. She and her brother, Tim, had signs rooting for me at Rosalie and Lake when I ran my first Marathon in 1984. So, I'm returning the favor! Stan Austin

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Stan

WE just need to completely break up the secret cartel, and their habit of appointing their replacements from their pool.

I hope Lakewood learned, we cannot afford this secrecy any longer. The bill is too high.

VOTE CHANGE

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

When I wrote the post about Ward 2 awhile back, Brad reached and met twice with me. He now has my full-throated support and will be a fine representative of Ward 2.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Last night we had a lost dog scare and Brad responded by sharing my post to a much wider audience. In terms of the election, this was a really small thing, perhaps not even worth mentioning. But it's the kind of local awareness that we should hope for in our ward council reps. Thanks, Brad.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Does anybody recall my post of the lost dog information on the Lakewood Community page last night? If so it's gone now. If so I want to call them out on it. That's bad form regardless who I am and who I've support.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:35 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:Does anybody recall my post of the lost dog information on the Lakewood Community page last night? If so it's gone now. If so I want to call them out on it. That's bad form regardless who I am and who I've support.

Why does this childish act not surprise me?

Jennifer Pae and her sycophants are prime candidates for jobs in the Trump administration. She right up there with Sarah Sanders on repeating lies and ignoring the truth.

Removing a post because you don’t like the poster is akin to hiding the John McCain destroyer because you don’t personally like the late Sen John McCain.

The more I see, the more I think we live with a local version of the Trump administration.

God help us if we don’t vote them out.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 am

I've confirmed that it was deleted. To repeat: a post about a missing dog on the 4th of July was deleted from the Lalewood Community page. I've always followed all their rules scrupulously. This is what the Summers administration is about: pettiness and cruelty.

It's a sociopathic city government.

More later but I don't think Pae was the main player in this.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:I've confirmed that it was deleted. To repeat: a post about a missing dog on the 4th of July was deleted from the Lalewood Community page. I've always followed all their rules scrupulously. This is what the Summers administration is about: pettiness and cruelty.

It's a sociopathic city government.

More later but I don't think Pae was the main player in this.

I’m sorry this happened to you, Dan. Losing a dog, especially on a night when fireworks might frighten the dog and make them behave erratically, is stressful.

Any “Real Community” would come together, get out the word, and all keep eyes out for that poor dog.

But not THAT community - it’s a group of petty, vindictive, self-centered, and yes, sociopathic individuals who will never get over that they were challenged and their secret plans didn’t go as smoothly as they hoped. And even though they “won,” they still harbor hatred and seek revenge.

Again, sound like anyone we know?

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:46 pm

This conversation is kind of buried here, which I am good with, and I don't think Brad would object, but I do intend to give it more sunshine shortly.
The dog is a couple of weeks from his second birthday, so he is still technically a puppy. "Summers and his gang hate puppies" sounds good to me.
He is also very shy having been born with Idiopathic Fear and Withdrawl Syndrome, or in more common terms, he's a "spook" and no one knows why. No abuse, just the random draw of genetics. As a result he flunked out of greyhound training school and put up for adoption. So this scared puppy (70-lbs.) got loose on the Fourth of July, got a minor injury and still found his way back to my next-door neighbor's backyard - he may even have been hiding there until he heard my dogs going for their very late July 4 post-fireworks walk. And the Lakewood Community page deletes the post about it, presumably because of its author (me).

As a foster, he was never my dog, but I had him for a month until last week, helped him through some of his issues and found a home for him, developing a deep affection for him in the process. When he got out and injured, I was there for him and his new family. While this has become a political football I would like to kick through the uprights, these people are innocent bystanders to Lakewood poliitical (mixed-metaphor alert) hardball. So is the primary "person-of-interest's" daughter who I see from a flyer at Drug Mart is trying to start a dog-walking business. They live right at the intersection of a couple of our dog-walking routes.

I'll talk to the adopting family first and then proceed if they are OK with it.

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:58 am

Thanks everyone for your impressions of Brad.

I have to say though, I was given a HUGE clue as to who Brad Presutto is and who his opponent (Jason Shachner) is when I saw Tom Bullock walking around in a Shachner t-shirt during the July 4th parade. That clinched it for me, Presutto all the way.

I also thought it was interesting that when Megan George passed by during the parade, she could hardly keep up with her troupe since she was going from curb to curb talking with folks and shaking hands...when Sam O'Leary passed by, on the other hand, he went straight up the middle of the street, never once veering over to the curb to actually engage his constituents (at least from what I saw). Very different styles I'd say. Megan was eager to engage, Sam wasn't.

Just my impression.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 am

Dan

Sorry to have to read this story. i know just how much you care about all of these issues especially dogs.

But this is yet another time to take a look at ourselves. A city that prided itself on education, arts, and open conversations is gone.

The idyllic city of Lakewood destroyed over the last two administrations which is really one group, trying desperately to get their robot boy in.

Meanwhile the community feel to this city has been divided into various "wars" with some people that are exploiting the city for themselves, using some truly sick individuals and the diffusion it causes. The diffusion, the confusion allows them to sell off $248 million in assets, and only their friends made any money. Residents stuck with the bill.

FitzGerald, Summers, Butler, O'Leary and gang have destroyed Lakewood, and its brand. This is why they need new Lakewoodites, they do not know the history of scheming and just dirty dealings.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”