$30 Per Day To Park At One Lakewood Place?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bill Call

$30 Per Day To Park At One Lakewood Place?

Postby Bill Call » Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 am

An examination of the Carnegie proposal for the Hospital site reveals that it is mostly parking garage.

There was some discussion of a 600 space garage but those references are no longer available. The designer did a very good job in masking the garage space by placing apartments/condos around the garage.

Who owns the garage?

Will the people who buy the condos also be buying a garage space?

Would you buy a condo if you did not own the parking space?

If you did wouldn’t that leave you at the mercy of the garage owner? Would a $10 a day charge be increased to $20 per day? $30? $40?

During the special ABR meeting one of the presenters mention the “required” parking for the Cleveland Clinic. That reminded me about the requirement that the City spend at least $2 million to provide parking for the Cleveland Clinic.

Is that $2 million a separate cost to the City or is that cost part of the donation of the land to the developer?

How many spaces will be provided to the Clinic?

How much will the Clinic pay for those spaces?

If the Clinic pays nothing for parking then who will pay the ongoing subsidy for their parking?

Is there another secret subsidy to the Clinic?

Speaking of subsidies, the Mayor mentioned that the City “might” have to offer some subsidies to potential tenants of the new development. Should the City be in the business of subsidizing bars, restaurants, ice cream shops etc.?

Business is tight everywhere and competition is fierce. Are operating subsidies fair to other businesses in Lakewood?

Some members of Council have suggested that monthly project updates be provided to Council. Those updates should also be posted on the Observer.

Bridget Conant

Re: $30 Per Day To Park At One Lakewood Place?

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 am

the Mayor mentioned that the City “might” have to offer some subsidies to potential tenants of the new development.

NO - can’t be true! The mayor said developers and retailers were chomping st the bit to be part of the Lakewood development “opportunity!”

Now, we can’t get anyone in there without a subsidy?

Wow, it’s a transformational opportunity but no one will go there without being bribed? Hmmmmm

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Thu May 02, 2019 8:47 am

I'd be willing to accept $2.00 and title to that entire site. That would save the City MILLIONS!!!!!

cmager

Postby cmager » Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am

My prediction:
"Following in the footsteps of Cleveland Public Square, Mike Summers and the City of Lakewood announce new premium surface parking to be located on the site of the former Lakewood Hospital. Fulfilling a promise to locate in a central location, The Three Arches Foundation will occupy a trailer in one corner of the new parking lot, conveniently co-located near the CCF to create a healthcare hub for the 21st century."
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.02.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.02.40 AM.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5870 times

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu May 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:
the Mayor mentioned that the City “might” have to offer some subsidies to potential tenants of the new development.

NO - can’t be true! The mayor said developers and retailers were chomping st the bit to be part of the Lakewood development “opportunity!”

Now, we can’t get anyone in there without a subsidy?

Wow, it’s a transformational opportunity but no one will go there without being bribed? Hmmmmm

Not a problem...

that group is used to paying for friendship.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Fri May 03, 2019 1:53 pm

I see that Democrat socilism and selective tax incentives is still alive and well in Lakewood. Incidentally, unless the city council members are puppets on stings held by the mayor, his asinine kill the chicken to get the eggs development incentives must be approved by the council. Their history of closing the hospital, west-side development, shipping containers townhouses are among the few proving the city council is no better than the mayor, inept, inert and ignorant.

cmager

Postby cmager » Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Richard Baker wrote:I see that Democrat socilism and selective tax incentives is still alive and well in Lakewood. Incidentally, unless the city council members are puppets on stings held by the mayor, his asinine kill the chicken to get the eggs development incentives must be approved by the council. Their history of closing the hospital, west-side development, shipping containers townhouses are among the few proving the city council is no better than the mayor, inept, inert and ignorant.

Well, the mayor is a Republican. So, yeah.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Richard Baker wrote:I see that Democrat socilism and selective tax incentives is still alive and well in Lakewood. Incidentally, unless the city council members are puppets on stings held by the mayor, his asinine kill the chicken to get the eggs development incentives must be approved by the council. Their history of closing the hospital, west-side development, shipping containers townhouses are among the few proving the city council is no better than the mayor, inept, inert and ignorant.

What I has said before...

Complicit or stand and be counted.

No middle ground.

Yeah the Mayor was an R so long, all his friends are Rs, all his advisors are Rs. Followers are a bunch of Ds that don;t care what people think as long as they claim to be Ds. The entire show is hilarious. Richard have you ever been to a Democratic Club meeting. There is a section for the Rs pulling the strings.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am

Richard Baker wrote: his asinine kill the chicken to get the eggs development incentives must be approved by the council.

I've been meaning to tell you that you write a clever story and have a way with words. I hope we see more.

The best explanation yet of Sam O'Leary's hospital deal:

"Kill the chicken to get the eggs"

Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Mon May 06, 2019 3:54 pm

[quote="Jim O'Bryan"][quote="Richard Baker"]

Yeah the Mayor was an R so long, all his friends are Rs, all his advisors are Rs. Followers are a bunch of Ds that don;t care what people think as long as they claim to be Ds. The entire show is hilarious. Richard have you ever been to a Democratic Club meeting. There is a section for the Rs pulling the strings.

Let me try to comprehend what you are suggesting; the Lakewood Democratic Club is supporting a "Republican" who jumped the fence to join the LDC herd of sheep containing"Republican" wolves wearing sheep’s wool that infiltrated and are in control. The first thing that comes to mind is the children’s story of Little Red Riding Hood. However, it does beg the question, if the Lakewood Democratic Club’s ideology was used during the Revolutionary War, would Benedict Arnold been elected our first president?

Attempting to blame stealth Republican influence for the decisions made by Lakewood Democratic Club is a stretch. It is [akin to blaming the cow when the chickens don't lay eggs. Had to get an egg in, sorry. I do agree the Council is an inept, inert and ignorant group of people elected on a barking dog platform that is and has being directed by the mayor and the city employees who have been allowed to run the asylum.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon May 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Richard Baker wrote:
Let me try to comprehend what you are suggesting; the Lakewood Democratic Club is supporting a "Republican" who jumped the fence to join the LDC herd of sheep containing"Republican" wolves wearing sheep’s wool that infiltrated and are in control.

Not all of the Dem club by any stretch of the imagination. Many of us joined to show our displeasure with the ruling cabal, and continue for that reason and others.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”