Joint Meeting of Board of Ed and City Council Tonight!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

pj bennett

Re: Joint Meeting of Board of Ed and City Council Tonight!

Postby pj bennett » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Kate,
You are referring to the Recreation Department. The quote you pulled is in reference to the rec center concept that was floated for the hospital site and was denied ever existed, despite architectural plans to the contrary. And I personally would never use Sam O'Leary as a reliable source of information.

Oops! Sorry for mixing things up.... thank you for clarifying.

I too, do not consider Sam to be 'a reliable source of information.' It's hard to know, when to believe anyone, who habitually avoids telling the truth.

I'm just relating what Sam said at his second Town Hall Meeting in his capacity of being a councilman. There were 11 in attendance.

Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Lakewood School District is ranked 212 with a C report card. It seems that new school buildings haven’t help the students’ performance nor has increases in teachers’ salaries. If inept and inert school board would focus on education rather than jumping jacks for adults, it would befit the students. Then there is the, “I’ll donate part of the money for you to buy a new car if I get to use it free forever, however, you pay the operation expenses”. I’m almost positive that Lakewood School District cannot legally allow “privileged” to use the taxpayer funded recreational facility for free and charge others. Taxing bodies are limited the following destinations, age and income but then this is Lakewood, where government bodies are above the law.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am

I have been assured that there is no connection between the city administration's planning for a recreation center and the decision of the school board administration to open one in the new high school.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 pm

A couple of high-profile supporters of the Builders' plans used to go regularly to a nearby low-cost fitness facility. They stopped at around the time the high school facility opened. This raises questions for me about who is being comp'd. One is a former mayor and gubernatorial candidate.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:A couple of high-profile supporters of the Builders' plans used to go regularly to a nearby low-cost fitness facility. They stopped at around the time the high school facility opened. This raises questions for me about who is being comp'd. One is a former mayor and gubernatorial candidate.

Who would ever think that is anything but a coincidence! :roll:

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”