Summers Wants Restaurants to Keep you Healthy!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bridget Conant

Summers Wants Restaurants to Keep you Healthy!

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:13 pm

This is Mayor Summers’ latest idea to make Lakewood “The Healthiest City in America!”

He’s hosting a seminar with local restaurants with some ideas for their business!

Look at these clever ideas:

Offer low calorie desserts!

Encourage diners to walk or bike to the restaurant!

Offer lower calorie meals!

Offer smaller portions!

http://www.onelakewood.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/LWLRestaurantLtr.pdf

This has got to be the most hysterical thing I’ve ever seen!

Let’s tell restaurants, one of the toughest businesses out there, how to run their business! All so he can claim we are the Healthiest City in America!

Tell you what, Mike, how about some REAL action on helping Lakewoodites be healthy!

Where’s the pressure on the Clinic to provide services for the lower income groups? To lower prices? To bring doctors back to Lakewood? To provide transportation to Avon for seniors? To stop charging for ambulance rides when our supposed emergency room can’t handle the case and has to transport the patient?

You know, some REAL actions to increase wellness.

Summers, you’re all hot air.

cameron karslake

Re: Summers Wants Restaurants to Keep you Healthy!

Postby cameron karslake » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

It's so incredibly obvious that Summers doesn't give a DAMN about the health of people in Lakewood!

Actions speak louder than works Mike! Look what you have done to everyone in Lakewood-ripped away (GAVE AWAY actually) our safety net.

I like the suggestion of "removing salt shakers from tables". Don't you know salt is an essential mineral? Don't think we'd live too long without it.

Not that you care in the least.

Pathetic.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm

That a mayor would supplant himself in a market economy in the place of the entrepreneur pretty much explains all that went wrong with this whole episode.
Stan Austin

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Stan Austin wrote:That a mayor would supplant himself in a market economy in the place of the entrepreneur pretty much explains all that went wrong with this whole episode.
Stan Austin

Bingo!

First, he’s interfering in the free market. Is he a COMMUNIST?

Second, he’s trying to restrict personal freedom. No salt shakers allowed! Is he a FASCIST?

Finally, he’s offering medical advice. Take it from me Mike, you may cozy up to those docs at CCF, but YOU'RE NO DOCTOR! There is no clinical research that proves salt is inherently bad for humans. At the most, there MAY be a subset that is salt-sensitive. You’ve been catching up on those journals? :wink:

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Not bad for $258 million in losses due to secret closing of Lakewood Hospital by Summers, FitzGerlad, O'Leary, Bullock and others.

So we close and take all this, now walk your ass to the 128 places here to serve you food.

I am thinking a paragraph in the water bill might have done a better job.

The restaurant owners that ar fans of this administration are the ones waiting to open.

Mayor Summers has got to be the worst mayor in this city ever! His administration and council are pretty low on the tally sheets as well.

This is pitiful.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
cmager

Postby cmager » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:01 pm

As my contribution to the cause, I offer these magical Petite Dill Pickles, available from Costco. Zero (0) calories per three (3) pickles! Thinking that they take energy to consume, I figure that my mass consumption will eventually result in weight loss. I don't have Mayor Mike's contact, so please forward this to him, and by all means he can take credit.

I don't know about you, but when I think of "holistic" I think of the leadership of Mayor Mike.

Attachments
IMG_0676.jpeg
IMG_0676.jpeg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 6204 times

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 pm

What about those donuts, that are offered when summoned to jury duty? What category of 'healthy' does a box full of sugar fall under?

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Dan O’Malley just posted a tweet about this PD article recommending restaurants and crowing that a few were In Lakewood.

https://expo.cleveland.com/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/04/3f8ee49d588009/16-of-the-best-dishes-to-get-in-cleveland-for-less-than-10.html

Dan, you aren’t on the same page as our mayor! Don’t you want people in Lakewood to be HEALTHY? These will not do!

Thai Thai - Thai food is extraordinarily high in sodium. The mayor says No Salt!

Southern Cafe -Why that deep fried catfish and French fries are a heart attack on a plate! So many calories and so much fat!

Woodstock BBQ - Oops! That’s a lot of red meat there, and if you cover it in a sweet and salty sauce you’ve blown your “health food” quotient!

Greek Village Gyro - After a nice brisk walk to this place, you can indulge in the “Mount Olympus 8 lb. gyro!” You’ll likely need an ambulance ride home.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 am

Bridget

There are many reasons for this post. Top on the list would be, ANYTHING to fill space right now. Hospital demolition deal a mess, followed by whatever is coming next. He has learned much from nation media. When in trouble flood channels with anything. If you notice the sphere of buzzzzzzz is running at about 80%.

Of course the other thing he learned from nation news is, "Mayor de Blasio Announces "Building Healthy Communities" - NYC.gov,"

OF course had he told the truth, "FitzGerald, Butler, O'Leary, Madigan, Bullock, Litten and I selling off the hospital for $1 to get a new strip mall, err multi-use strip mall, MAYBE" he probably would have not gotten the votes" But why would this administration be honest, accountable, or transparent about anything.

Easily worst administration in Lakewood long illustrious history.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Doesn’t look like the tickets to the event are getting snatched up! There were 101 spots last week and it’s still showing 101 spots! :lol:

Will Summers have one of these informational events for all the BAR and TAVERN owners in Lakewood? I could just imagine what ideas he’d suggest to make them MORE HEALTHY!

Walk to the bar and walk home - double points because you shouldn’t drink and drive!

Limit the size of the portion - no more than 4 ounces of liquor per glass or bottle! Oh, and charge less for it, please.

Limit the total number of drinks you can buy - don’t want to get a beer belly, do we?

Don’t sell salty snacks or fatty nuts to go alongside your beverage!

Hmmmm. What else?

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:19 pm

As for me-- the epucunarian epitome will always be the BIG BUFORD-- used to be 2 for $3 but going for 2 for $5 now.

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:46 am

Bridget,
How many tickets were available to start with?
(Just wondering how many have signed up. Doesn't mean however, that they will actually attend.)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”