VISION or REALITY ?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

VISION or REALITY ?

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm

You be the judge.

VISION

Vision.jpg
Vision.jpg (317.85 KiB) Viewed 4682 times

Mark Kindt

Re: VISION or REALITY ?

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:58 pm

You be the judge.

REALITY

Reality.jpg
Reality.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4680 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 am

Just One Iota of "Critical Thinking" Might Have Prevented The Healthcare Debacle In The First Place

Promoting "Critical Thinking" after you close an award-winning community hospital would be comically ludicrous, if it wasn't just plain idiotic.

I'm sure this document is marked "Strictly Confidential" because it is the "icing-on-the-cake" for the hospital liquidation, hospital demolition, hospital give-away -- confirming that to make Lakewood "the healthiest city in America" it must first deprive its neediest citizens of access to local hospital-based charity care.

Lakewood_90-Day-Assessement-Final-June-1-2018 page 10.jpg
Lakewood_90-Day-Assessement-Final-June-1-2018 page 10.jpg (319.34 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Just One Iota of "Critical Thinking" Might Have Prevented The Healthcare Debacle In The First Place

Promoting "Critical Thinking" after you close an award-winning community hospital would be comically ludicrous, if it wasn't just plain idiotic.

I'm sure this document is marked "Strictly Confidential" because it is the "icing-on-the-cake" for the hospital liquidation, hospital demolition, hospital give-away -- confirming that to make Lakewood "the healthiest city in America" it must first deprive its neediest citizens of access to local hospital-based charity care.

Mr. Kindt, You've got me thinking, back to Drug Mart and Summers and "those kinds of apartments", his words. "We have plenty of them", that's what he assured me.
He had a bad read on me that day. Those people. Us and Them. His Lakewood. Not mine.
And you've struck a chord ...
"confirming to make Lakewood the healthiest city in America it must first deprive it's neediest citizens of access to local hospital-based charity care."
And I'm left wondering...
Where are The Wannabes on this.The Agents of Change. George. Rader. O'Malley. What's their take on this?

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:50 am

m buckley wrote:
Mark Kindt wrote:Just One Iota of "Critical Thinking" Might Have Prevented The Healthcare Debacle In The First Place

Mr. Kindt, You've got me thinking, back to Drug Mart and Summers and "those kinds of apartments", his words. "We have plenty of them", that's what he assured me.
He had a bad read on me that day. Those people. Us and Them. His Lakewood. Not mine.
"confirming to make Lakewood the healthiest city in America it must first deprive it's neediest citizens of access to local hospital-based charity care."
And I'm left wondering...
Where are The Wannabes on this.The Agents of Change. George. Rader. O'Malley. What's their take on this?

A Short Chronology

May 7, 2018 -- Council-member O'Malley votes in favor of negotiations with the City's selected developer.

May 7, 2018 -- Council-members George and Rader vote against negotiations with the City's selected developer.

June 1, 2018 -- City of Lakewood completes its strictly confidential "90-day Connectivity Study" on the future of healthcare in Lakewood. (Proclaims goal to be "Healthiest City in America")

Fall 2018/Winter 2019 -- City of Lakewood contractors and subcontractors commence the demolition of Lakewood Hospital for the $1.00 give-away to the selected developer.

January 2019 -- Council-member Rader introduces comprehensive proposals for ethics-in-government and campaign-funding reforms.

From my perspective, I believe that both Council-members George and Rader have served the citizens well as newly elected members to Council and represent serious reform.

Pam Wetula

Postby Pam Wetula » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 am

In November 2015, Dan O'Malley was elected to council and later, when Bonnie Sikes and I asked him to sign the petition to put the Referendum on the ballot so that the voters could chose to vote on the hospital issue themselves, he flatly refused. We weren't telling him to vote to save the hospital although we thought he was simpatico. He wouldn't even commit to giving the voters the right to directly choose whether they wanted a hospital or not.

Mr. O'Malley was status quo right from the start. He, unfortunately, is not any instrument for change in Lakewood, Ohio. Very sad.

I am hoping that Tristan Rader and Meghan George speak up more on what has been going on. I was disappointed that they did not demand that the city turn over the documents requested in the public records lawsuit. Perhaps the delay could have been shortened.

I do have hope for the future though, with these two on board. We need to elect a new crop to city council and frankly, get rid of all vestiges of the Summer's administration as soon as possible.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 am

Pam Wetula wrote:In November 2015, Dan O'Malley was elected to council and later, when Bonnie Sikes and I asked him to sign the petition to put the Referendum on the ballot so that the voters could chose to vote on the hospital issue themselves, he flatly refused. We weren't telling him to vote to save the hospital although we thought he was simpatico. He wouldn't even commit to giving the voters the right to directly choose whether they wanted a hospital or not.

Mr. O'Malley was status quo right from the start. He, unfortunately, is not any instrument for change in Lakewood, Ohio. Very sad.

I am hoping that Tristan Rader and Meghan George speak up more on what has been going on. I was disappointed that they did not demand that the city turn over the documents requested in the public records lawsuit. Perhaps the delay could have been shortened.

I do have hope for the future though, with these two on board. We need to elect a new crop to city council and frankly, get rid of all vestiges of the Summer's administration as soon as possible.

Frankly, I couldn't agree more!

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:39 pm

This possesses a similar risk to the failed Parma Hts. development project of several years ago.

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:
m buckley wrote:

And I'm left wondering..

A Short Chronology

May 7, 2018 -- Council-member O'Malley votes in favor of negotiations with the City's selected developer.

May 7, 2018 -- Council-members George and Rader vote against negotiations with the City's selected developer.

June 1, 2018 -- City of Lakewood completes its strictly confidential "90-day Connectivity Study" on the future of healthcare in Lakewood. (Proclaims goal to be "Healthiest City in America")

Fall 2018/Winter 2019 -- City of Lakewood contractors and subcontractors commence the demolition of Lakewood Hospital for the $1.00 give-away to the selected developer.

January 2019 -- Council-member Rader introduces comprehensive proposals for ethics-in-government and campaign-funding reforms.

From my perspective, I believe that both Council-members George and Rader have served the citizens well as newly elected members to Council and represent serious reform.[/quote

Mr. Kindt, No chronology. Just moments when they could have made a difference and didn't. Moments of principle. Moments that mattered.

Moments when they should have stood up and been counted for but instead sat down in silence.

They didn't contact the Ohio Attorney General to request an investigation into the Lakewood Hospital debacle. They sat in silence.

They didn't demand that Lakewood's Law Director release all Public Records. They sat in silence.

They didn't weigh in on Jen Pae monitoring free speech on a private page while on city time. They sat in silence.

You said this ..." Government regulation of citizen free speech is obnoxious to constitutional rights guaranteed by both the Ohio and United States Constitutions.".

George, Rader, O'Malley said nothing. That was some serious low hanging fruit. They sat in silence.

As for that much anticipated Ethics Commission, I sit riveted waiting on that moment when Tristan Rader muscles a comprehensive proposal for ethics-in-government past the likes of Summers, Butler, Pae, O'Leary, Litten, Bullock, Anderson and O'Malley.

Ms. Wetula nailed it...
" We need to elect a new crop to city council and frankly, get rid of all vestiges of the Summers' administration as soon as possible."

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”