Lakewood Hospital In Photos 1901-2019

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

Re: Lakewood Hospital In Photos 1901-2019

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:37 am

Our Collective Civic Leadership Created An Award Winning Public Community Hospital In The 20th Century.

Our Collective Civic Leadership Destroyed An Award Winning Public Community Hospital In The 21st Century.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 am

Yes, Folks, You Can Break A Fine City.

Mr. O'Bryan's photographs and Mr. Essi's stories on Bad Government show that public policy deliberations and public policy outcomes do make a difference.

Public Assets and Public Revenues go up in clouds of dust when conflicts-of-interest rule the roost.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm

The are tearng down the oldest sections of the hospital now.

We will be uploading video and stills tonight and tomorrow.

Amazing site, and sound.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Lakewood Hospital was a community owned fully functional hospital. It was closed and sold off, and the city's request. Value at the time with business and contracts for the next 10 years, $248,000,000.00. The residents, in the end got no $$$$, and $1.00 for the seven prime acres in the middle of the city. Where did the $$$$$ go, a new foundation called 3 Arches, taken from the windows in the video. Though City Hall fights public record requests on it desperately in court, enough has been found out to wonder why no real investigation. In this video the section of the hospital added first in 1927 is torn down from the section built in 1917. Lakewood Historical Society tasked for and took the door knobs.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 am

What a proud moment for the Summers administration.How come they are not msking s bigger deal out of it to support the mayoral candidacy of Sam O'Leary. :shock:

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:What a proud moment for the Summers administration.How come they are not making s bigger deal out of it to support the mayoral candidacy of Sam O'Leary. :shock:

Dan

Actually I spoke with the Mayor the other day for about 10 minutes. He has truly dug in, which is his nature. His family is doing well, and we are both looking forward to next January.

Here are some more images...

Saturday night.

Monday morning.

The word was put it, get the ground ready by election time, errrrrrrrrr October.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Betsy Voinovich

Postby Betsy Voinovich » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Jim--

Thank you for making sure that these terrible images are recorded.

Betsy Voinovich

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:24 pm

This is what photojournalism is all about!

Great job Mr. O'Bryan and everyone at the Lakewood Observer. Thank you each for your commitment and hard work for our community. True leadership through civic-journalism.

Truly, the newspaper of record for Lakewood.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:What a proud moment for the Summers administration.How come they are not making s bigger deal out of it to support the mayoral candidacy of Sam O'Leary. :shock:

Dan

Actually I spoke with the Mayor the other day for about 10 minutes. He has truly dug in, which is his nature. His family is doing well, and we are both looking forward to next January.

And isn't that stubbornness at the heart of the matter, as you have pointed out repeatedly in your evaluation of his mayoral tenure?

Here's a thought: stage an exhibition of these photos in one of Lakewood's many empty storefronts. It doesn't have to run long; just till early November. Can you imagine it at the corner of Warren and Detroit? I can.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:12 am

As the get the grounds ready for final run to the election, for promo photos of Sam and John who worked so hard behind the scenes to close the hospital, and transfer all the money and property to supporters to run and manage must be getting excited.

As seen from Detroit Avenue.

"Don't let the sun go down on me." The sun sets on Lakewood Hospital.

Here the rumble of the community owned Lakewood Hospital is being covered by the shadow of the new CCF Lakewood Family Health Center.

Seems odd, Mayor Summers told us, he had to this this because CCF was pulling out of Lakewood and walking away from a ten year contract. As this photo proves, CCF was never leaving Lakewood. But Mayor Summers directed the property to ex-Mayor Ed FitzGerald (who appointed Mayor Summers to LHA, Council, and the Mayor's position) received all of this land for $1. Meanwhile the tens of millions held to keep the hospital going was all transferred to friends and supporters to "manage."

This entire process was done in secret with elected officials and some they hired at City Hall working desperately to lie, mislead, even intimidate voters to look the other way.

This election finishing cleaning house, get the schemers out of politics. If they come to your door, and ask for your vote, ask what they did to make this public (nothing). What did they do to help those asking questions that the courts said they should answer (nothing). Ask if they filed false documents and narratives with the courts. (At least one did twice). Ask how many times they worked to serve the people over supporters. (none) Lakewoodites relationship with the Mayor and his crew is that of an abusive relationship. Time to end it this election.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:53 am

"Lakewood Health Care Is Changing." is the way the Mayor introduced the residents of Lakewood that Lakewood Hospital is closing. Of course City Hall lied about every aspect of the project from "CCF is leaving," to "We just found out..." which we proved was not just a lie but the tip of a long project by FitzGerald/Summers to close the hospital, grab the foundation monies, while selling off the land to Ed FitzGerald and friends for $1.

A complete failure of City Hall, Council, and most in administration.

Thank you to Brian Foox, and his friend with the light aircraft. Movies should be available this weekend.

Politicians, and elected officials are worthless, and in fact a cancer is they lie, mislead, cover-up, intimidate residents over important community issues.

Vote the bums out, keep them all away from the $$$$$, the land and anything to do with this debacle down the road.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:As the get the grounds ready for final run to the election, for promo photos of Sam and John who worked so hard behind the scenes to close the hospital, and transfer all the money and property to supporters to run and manage must be getting excited.

As seen from Detroit Avenue.

"Don't let the sun go down on me." The sun sets on Lakewood Hospital.

[img]http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/images_full_res/5667c5c444cf88f5ef44c32c6dcd411c.jpg[/img

This entire process was done in secret with elected officials and some they hired at City Hall working desperately to lie, mislead, even intimidate voters to look the other way.

This election finishing cleaning house, get the schemers out of politics. If they come to your door, and ask for your vote, ask what they did to make this public (nothing). What did they do to help those asking questions that the courts said they should answer (nothing). Ask if they filed false documents and narratives with the courts. (At least one did twice). Ask how many times they worked to serve the people over supporters. (none) Lakewoodites relationship with the Mayor and his crew is that of an abusive relationship. Time to end it this election. .

" Ask if they filed false documents and narratives with the courts. (At least one did twice)."

Mr. O'Bryan, Please put a name to this . It strikes me that this is a serious matter. That this should matter.

Are you talking about the boy who would be king . Sam O'Leary.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:51 pm

This post has nothing to do with this thread (or any other thread), except that it has to do with Lakewood Hospital.

You see, I've been working at decluttering my attic, living areas, basement and garage (it's an ordeal) and just a earlier today, I found a carbon copy of an invoice for when my husband was treated at Lakewood Hospital's Emergency Room for a minor accident in the fall of 1978.

Total charge: $15.00

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”