2 Armed Robberies 150' And 21 Days Apart

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

2 Armed Robberies 150' And 21 Days Apart

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Two Armed Robberies 150 Feet Apart In 20 Days

In the past 30 days Lakewood has witnessed at least 2 armed robberies near Grace and Detroit Ave.

The first occurred 12/15/2018 at Family Dollar on Grace and Detroit (13215 Detroit) around 9:30 pm. From the police: “Family Dollar robbed at gunpoint. B/m wearing all black with a black hoodie and a red bandanna covering his face” robbed the clerk at gunpoint and escaped on foot.

Twenty-one days later 1/10/19 at 10:42pm Drug Mart on Grace and Detroit was also robbed at gunpoint.

From the Lakewood Police: A black male slipped the clerk a note, when he looked up he had a gun pointed in his face. Police started searching for a black male, with gray or brown coat, tan khakis, and possible tan boots, left on foot.

A call came in that the suspect was sighted and police followed it up. “Male trying to get into the basement of a building nearby.” Police found out he was with property management and working in the building.

If you have any information about these two robberies please call Lakewood Police immediately at: 216.521.6773

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Re: 2 Armed Robberies 150' And 21 Days Apart

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Pretty close to City Hall!

Has the mayor decided to protect the judge and court employees at City Hall by installing metal detectors?

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Hey Jen Pae…..

perhaps you and your City Hall coworkers should spend less time monitoring social media and more time dealing with our crime problem.

This City Hall has mastered the "Head in the Sand" approach to crime.
Their first instinct is to hush it up.
Even when they are forced to confront the issue, they insist on "spinning" the narrative. Remember how they refused to use the term "carjacking"? That was absurd.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Mike

Lakewood Police are very anti-crime and extremely pro-active. They get the criminal, which makes it odd this has gone odd.

I cannot fault the Finance Director for the crime, but it did strike me that so many projects popping up in Lakewood looking to inform, informed no one. This reminded me of the West Side Rapist working the west side of Cleveland and into Lakewood, with no "Hey be safe..." from City Hall for 30 days.

Not good.

Funny we are doing a story about the various projects popping up how they are connected, and why they started.

Diffusion is the friend to government hiding in the shadows.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”