Lakewood Loses Another Great One Warren Rossen

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Lakewood Loses Another Great One Warren Rossen

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 am

It is with much sorrow I mention that Warren Rossen, age 98 and 51 weeks old has passed on.

Warren's military uniform hung on the doorway at the party.

It was minutes after the conclusion of Warren's 99th birthday party, on the way home we were called and told he had died.

Like so much of his life, it all seemed proper. A well attended party of family and friends, gathered at O'Neill Senior Campus in Bay Village, for a nice celebration of a man who one way or another touched many, many, many lives for the better.

He had been up and around most of Saturday, and things were looking good for a man that had ups-and-downs the previous week. Which reflected his ups and downs in real life too. Owner of Rozi's Wine Houses, he had been brought up in the business, and raised his family in the business. Not only did he hire from his family, but from all the families around Lakewood. In essence the party was a roomful of people that had worked for, and grew up with the Rossen family.

This story broke as we were printing, a full follow up on the life of this amazing Lakewoodite, in the up-coming issue.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Gary and Carol, Greg, and all of the grandkids.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”