The enemy of the people.

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

m buckley

The enemy of the people.

Postby m buckley » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Mr. O'Bryan, I've been thinking about brutality. About attacks on The Press. About intolerance. Where it begins. Where it ends.Those first small steps.
About Trump and that steady drumbeat ... The Press as "The Enemy of the People." Trump's America.
Then I got to thinking about that SLAPP lawsuit. About the banning of The Observer from City Hall. About Mike Summer's Lakewood.
Small steps. Big consequences.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Jim O'Bryan

Re: The enemy of the people.

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am

m buckley wrote:Mr. O'Bryan, I've been thinking about brutality. About attacks on The Press. About intolerance. Where it begins. Where it ends.Those first small steps.
About Trump and that steady drumbeat ... The Press as "The Enemy of the People." Trump's America.
Then I got to thinking about that SLAPP lawsuit. About the banning of The Observer from City Hall. About Mike Summer's Lakewood.
Small steps. Big consequences.

MB

Haters have to hate, people with something to hide, fight to hide.

At some point you hope people understand, one place is open to all that can be trusted. Open to read, open to post, open to submit, and open for discussion. Virtually all other places have been built to control the message and messenger, the flow, to hate, to stop open and free discussion.

All I can do, is what I do. Someday, maybe soon Lakewood will realize, diffusion is the enemy of a community, and lack of civic discourse allow those that do damage to a community thrive.

Thank you for the thoughts and the support.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”