Jay Carson yard sign

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Dan Alaimo

Jay Carson yard sign

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:17 pm

I saw one today and it wasn't north of Lake.
Any other sightings?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Tim Liston

Re: Jay Carson yard sign

Postby Tim Liston » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 am

Dan why the reference to people who live north of Lake? Is there something inherently wrong or different with those people who live north or Lake? Or anywhere in Lakewood for that matter? I live south of Lake so I don't have first-hand knowledge of such families, apparently you do. Please enlighten me.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 am

In past elections, the strongest support for the mayor and his development plans has been in certain neighborhoods north of Lake. Carson has been part of those plans.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:37 am

Tim Liston wrote:So you were generalizing. Got it.

Who removed JOB's post?

Tim

I did, it was within 15 minutes of posting, something we can all do.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:52 am

Well I don't believe it. I've been working on a contract for work and I watched it. And Dan's a moderator too.

I just don't like the "north of Lake" narrative around here. It's thoughtless. And to the extent it escapes the Deck and pervades Lakewood generally, it's damaging too.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am

Tim Liston wrote:Well I don't believe it. I've been working on a contract for work and I watched it. And Dan's a moderator too.

I just don't like the "north of Lake" narrative around here. It's thoughtless. And to the extent it escapes the Deck and pervades Lakewood generally, it's damaging too.

Tim

I am more than willing to repost it.

Dan had nothing to do with it.

And it was in 15 minutes, I stand behind it.

I posted the Halloween Throw Down, saw Dan posted his answer which had nothing to do with what I thought, and clicked the X. Editing and deleting available to all for 15 minutes. Also the 15 minutes continues from the last edit, so one can reedit and reedit and reedit and reedit. Full disclosure.

Would you prefer here, or in another thread, "The History William Sonoma Line" "Tim doesn't believe it" "Tim thinks its damaging but wants it posted again" "The Faux Wealthy of Lakewood"...

Let me know.

Are you saying North of Lake is not a more wealthier neighborhood?

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 am

Well perhaps Carson can’t afford yard signs? He’s STILL only got about 64 followers on his Facebook page.

And hey, although he claims “He likes to find new and exciting ways to Destroy the Little Guy on Behalf of the Man!”, he hasn’t been too successful in that endeavor based on past performance! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mjkuhns

Postby mjkuhns » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:19 pm

I hope that it may be credibly on-topic to share the url for requesting a Skindell for state rep sign. If you want one, the campaign will deliver.

:: matt kuhns ::
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:21 pm

mjkuhns wrote:I hope that it may be credibly on-topic to share the url for requesting a Skindell for state rep sign. If you want one, the campaign will deliver.

If you appreciate honesty and transparency in government, then a Skindell sign is right for you!

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:A WHOLE yard sign? Wow! :shock: :lol:

Ms. Conant, My initial reaction to the sighting of the singular, solitary, Jay Carson yard sign, was a certain SLAPP happy derision.
Then I got to thinking, even losers get lucky.
Get out and vote. Don't give Jay Carson a chance to get lucky.
Out of curiosity whose yard signs occupy Mike Summers front lawn ?

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 am

Tim Liston wrote:Well I don't believe it. I've been working on a contract for work and I watched it. And Dan's a moderator too.

To clarify my role here: it does not preclude giving my opinions. It's largely a matter of vigilance and fairness, and otherwise taking a hands-off approach when involvement is not needed, which has been the case, thankfully, for quite some time. It's largely a matter of having JOB on speed dial.

I stand by my remark, which was partially in jest, but meant to point out the limits of hard-core support the Mayor's cadre enjoys.
Unsaid was that these signs appeared at about the time that early voting started and mail-in ballots started arriving, which is pretty late. For campaigns, Election Day now needs to be regarded as mainly the day they count votes.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”