Airshow 2018

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Airshow 2018

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:13 am

I saw many Lakewoodites down at the Air Show though I only hit it for a couple hours. It is a favorite of the area, and it is always amazing see the planes in action. Here are a couple photos.

The wing walker.

Doesn't he seems to be having fun?

P51 Mustang and F16.

The Blue Angels

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Gary Rice

Re: Airshow 2018

Postby Gary Rice » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:52 am

I totally agree! :D

Jim, these are outstanding shots, as always! Your photojournalist's eye for composition, color saturation, dramatic effect, and overall design continues to impress me over and over again! :D

More to the point, as a photographer and educator myself, I must offer major thanks to you for opening the door for so many OTHER Lakewood area photographers, young and old, so that they can also have a place to display their work for the rest of us to see and appreciate. :D

It's a wonderful thing to have and share one's talents, but to help others aspire to that success as well? Priceless! :D

Go Jimmy! :D

Back to the banjo. :D

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Airshow 2018

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Gary Rice wrote:It's a wonderful thing to have and share one's talents, but to help others aspire to that success as well? Priceless! :D

Back to the banjo. :D

From last count, we (The Observers) have launched 8 young professional photographers. Helping another 14 students get into journalism school.

Right now Jacob Chabowski is ripping it up, and I have gotten him working with another Lakewood professional, who spends much of his time in New York, Dan Morgan. Dan has taken him under his wing, and we are both working with him teaching him the ropes of professional photography here, in NYC and beyond.

As a teacher and a past professional photographer, you know, it is not about us, but who we can help to be better, and show them pathways to their dreams and career goals.

That is truly how you measure success, satisfaction and happiness.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”