Rumor : Barry Buick Condos?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Matthew Lee

Rumor : Barry Buick Condos?

Postby Matthew Lee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Out and about in Lakewood last night, I heard a rumor that all of Barry Buick (both sides of the street) was bought by a developer who is planning to build condos on both sides of the street. With the McKinley townhomes selling for over $450k (I still don't understand that one), it totally makes sense for someone to look at those parcels and put housing on it instead of retail.

Anyways, I certainly have no specifics but figured I would share here as many on this board are more in the know than I am on these things.

Amy Martin

Re: Rumor : Barry Buick Condos?

Postby Amy Martin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Looks like we're getting condos at the former Spitzer (now Wingstar) property, stretching all the way to Wyandotte (Educator's Music)

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Rumor : Barry Buick Condos?

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

Matthew Lee wrote:Out and about in Lakewood last night, I heard a rumor that all of Barry Buick (both sides of the street) was bought by a developer who is planning to build condos on both sides of the street. With the McKinley townhomes selling for over $450k (I still don't understand that one), it totally makes sense for someone to look at those parcels and put housing on it instead of retail.

Anyways, I certainly have no specifics but figured I would share here as many on this board are more in the know than I am on these things.

Matt

This was my understanding when I spoke with Steve Barry the day they officially closed the service bay. Also included were the buildings and lock that Bobby O's is in.

Also behind the 5 o'clock is slated for 9 units on two parcels. Selling point was, "You should be able to see Cleveland from the roof."

Makes for an interesting slogan.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”